Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

No problem with that at all.
That is not what we are talking about though.
We are talking about religious fruitcakes demanding their ridiculous views are forced on the rest of society.
Abortion and LGBT issues have nothing whatsoever to do with these religious freaks and they should leave society alone to conduct our lives as we see fit.

Except they're not been forced on the rest of society as they're elected and people continue to elect them whether you like it or not.

I agree with gay marriage. What I don't agree with is this liberal authoritarianism where a social agenda is pushed on people who don't want it.

Don't ignore me please. My life would be empty without your intellectual analysis.

Northern Ireland is a far more religiously observant society than the mainland. It is far more socially conservative than the mainland- on both sides. If you'd ever spent any time over there you would know that pretty quickly.

If you think there is a great demand for some of the 'progressive' legislative changes that have occurred here in Northern Ireland then you're dreaming.

Except they're not been forced on the rest of society as they're elected and people continue to elect them whether you like it or not.

I agree with gay marriage. What I don't agree with is this liberal authoritarianism where a social agenda is pushed on people who don't want it.

What about, if the liberal authoritarianism is pushed to protect minorities?

Of course minorities rights should be protected, as long as they don't infringe on wider societies or the greater good.

I'm perhaps picking you up wrong, in the case of say, gay marriages, are you saying that if the elected representatives stand on a platform of outlawing it & are elected, then this should be the case? By definition a minority may find it difficult to elect representatives with views more in line with their way of thinking, making the smaller the minority group you belong to, possibly open to more persecution?

:lol:

I understand exactly what you are talking about.

That country is full of religious fruitcakes who want to impose their bigotted views about homosexuality and abortion on everyone else.

I have never said it was anything else out there.

They are still absolutely wrong on both issues. There is no room for debate on that IMO.

No room for debate? [emoji23][emoji23] how fascistic. Any more unarguable human truths you wish to share with us? How lucky we are after hundreds of thousands of years of societal development we just happened to be alive in the 3 years since this one finally became law....

I'm perhaps picking you up wrong, in the case of say, gay marriages, are you saying that if the elected representatives stand on a platform of outlawing it & are elected, then this should be the case? By definition a minority may find it difficult to elect representatives with views more in line with their way of thinking, making the smaller the minority group you belong to, possibly open to more persecution?

Is not being allowed to marry persecution? It's definitely discrimination but I'm not sure it is persecution.