Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

Hi Ruth,you still there,come out from under your rock now.

Or is there still too much flak flying about that you cant handle.

No policies,bar 1.

The minute the heat gets turned up she dives for cover until the coast is clear!!

Why isn't this behaviour being outed and shouted from pillar to post !!

Edited by Whitburn Vale

Seemingly she is too busy on Monday to meet the new Pm [emoji23]

Hi Ruth,you still there,come out from under your rock now.
Or is there still too much flak flying about that you cant handle.
No policies,bar 1.
The minute the heat gets turned up she dives for cover until the coast is clear!!
Why isn't this behaviour being outed and shouted from pillar to post !!

Does anyone think this might finally be Davidson’s red line? Will she just fall into line to save her job as usual?

I would be interesting to see if Johnson sacked her, like Mundell, if she doesn’t back him. Who would replace her? I wonder if Mundell was getting the bullet anyway and is just pretending it’s because he won’t back no-deal Brexit.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:
1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:
P45 incoming for the feckless branch leader?  Or will she bow down to her master and kid on in the friendly press she gave him a stiff talking to?    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/28/support-no-deal-brexit-scottish-ruth-davidson-boris-johnson

She frowny serious face won't support no deal much like she didn't support leaving the customs union and single market

If no deal looks (even more) likely, expect her to start claiming it’s a huge and wonderful opportunity and Scotland’s UK deal is all that matters and indyref 2 is divisive, not Brexit and NO SURRENDER.

Surprised with RDs current line but possibly she realises she's burned her bridges with Johnson so might as well put as much clear blue (sic) water between herself & Bojo.

I am surprised as well, that’s why I wondered if she’d finally reached her limit on what to agree with. Given that not agreeing with Boris seems to equal getting the sack, she must be painting herself into a bit of a corner here? Unless she hopes he’ll be punted sooner rather than later and is waiting it out.

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Is it within Johnson's gift to sack her?

She was elected under STV system in 2011 defeating Fraser/Carlaw?Mitchell with around 6,000 members voting- gaining majority on Second preferences after being ahead on 1st preferences. Goldie had resigned which led to the vote. I can only guess that any election can only be triggered by members in Scotland but it would not be beyond London HQ to stir up some bother for her in due course. The fact that he could not find a Tory in Scotland to put in the Colonial Office tells me how little he rates " Ruth Davidson's Scottish conservative and unionists". The new minister is a dead ringer for his faither and as much use.

Guest Bob Mahelp

At this very moment, Davidson and her team are hunkered down trying to find a way where it looks like she's opposing Johnson, but actually kissing his arse and agreeing with his every move. 

Her team will be arranging cuddly interviews with friendly TV journalists (that's you, BBC Scotland) where she can be chucked a few easy pitches and be given the freedom to look all masterful.

SNP baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. 

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

This was what I was thinking, though does she not get to attend cabinet?

In the immediate aftermath of the 2017 election but it hasn't been mentioned in the media for a while - I suspect she's been "fun oot".

Some of the BS from that period was top notch like the following

Ruth Davidson: My job’s more important than many in Cabinet

but like I said above I think she's burned her bridges with BJ & the current crew in charge of the Tories.

16 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Is it within Johnson's gift to sack her?

Would you be surprised if they fell out, and then lots of negative stories about her suddenly started appearing?

He can't sack her, but he'll have plenty of ways to get rid if he wants.

22 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Does anyone think this might finally be Davidson’s red line? Will she just fall into line to save her job as usual?

I would be interesting to see if Johnson sacked her, like Mundell, if she doesn’t back him. Who would replace her? I wonder if Mundell was getting the bullet anyway and is just pretending it’s because he won’t back no-deal Brexit.

How the f**k can Johnson sack her?

Are you so thick you think that BJ, or Theresa May appointed her to her post?

Edited by ICTJohnboy