Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

image.png.2305cfe2e17cc9463ab37b368aeda68a.png

Naw, cunto.

While you might want to whitewash the Thatcher years because "you were too young to realise what was going on", many of us lived through it and will never forgive the Tories.

Whilst inheriting your parents right to buy house no doubt. 

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Just proves the hypocrisy that you are showing! 

I'm sure he was using sarcasm saying they were buying a miners house as it would be empty due to there being no mines for said miner to work in. As per usual the agent of the state dives in like a big union flag wrapped haddock, you got proof of Sir Ian Wood funding the SNP yet?

On 01/09/2019 at 12:49, John Lambies Doos said:

Get Tae f**k Ruth, you've held back Scotland for years.

And wants to continue to do so. Has contributed a sizable article in the Daily Torygraph today which is a venomous attack on Nicola and the SNP. 

Ghastly fucking cow.

7 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I'm sure he was using sarcasm saying they were buying a miners house as it would be empty due to there being no mines for said miner to work in. As per usual the agent of the state dives in like a big union flag wrapped haddock, you got proof of Sir Ian Wood funding the SNP yet?

It wouldn't be a very good use of sarcasm. Most of the ex miners houses from the former mining community my partner is from are fully occupied and have indeed been bought. 

The fact is though that many of those Scots who deride Thatcher not only voted for her - more Scots voted for Thatchers government in 1979, 83 and 87 than had ever voted for the SNP up till 2015 - but also reaped the benefits of many of her governments policies, not least Right To Buy,

4 hours ago, thisal said:

Typical Thatcher policy. Fast profit with no thought of the social consequences of losing a large portion of affordable housing.

Home ownership has improved the financial status of the majority of Scots families. It's been one of the most important social changes and it's enabled working class parents and grandparents - for the first time in the history of the UK - to leave behind an inheritance. 

I grew up in an era where council houses in Glasgow were absolute slums. Local authorities couldn't afford to maintain the damp ridden hovels and because of the state councils were letting them get into we were bulldozing solid tenement blocks and replacing them with cheap built tower blocks. 

25 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

It wouldn't be a very good use of sarcasm. Most of the ex miners houses from the former mining community my partner is from are fully occupied and have indeed been bought. 

The fact is though that many of those Scots who deride Thatcher not only voted for her - more Scots voted for Thatchers government in 1979, 83 and 87 than had ever voted for the SNP up till 2015 - but also reaped the benefits of many of her governments policies, not least Right To Buy,

There you go lying again - 1974(Oct) - SNP votes 839,617     1983 - Tories 801,487  1987 - Tories 713,081

43 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

There you go lying again - 1974(Oct) - SNP votes 839,617     1983 - Tories 801,487  1987 - Tories 713,081

You conveniently miss the 1979 election. I wonder why? Was it because Thatcher polled 916,155 Scottish votes? 

6 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And wants to continue to do so. Has contributed a sizable article in the Daily Torygraph today which is a venomous attack on Nicola and the SNP. 

Ghastly fucking cow.

Great article which is very truthful.

Why are you reading the Daily Telegraph anyway ?

40 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

You conveniently miss the 1979 election. I wonder why? Was it because Thatcher polled 916,155 Scottish votes? 

I left that out because on that year you weren't lying.  So being factual 1 out of 3 that's some going. You got that link yet on Sir Ian Wood funding SNP campaigns?

21 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I left that out because on that year you weren't lying.  So being factual 1 out of 3 that's some going. You got that link yet on Sir Ian Wood funding SNP campaigns?

Thatcher got more Scottish votes than Scottish Independence. 

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

The fact is though that many of those Scots who deride Thatcher not only voted for her - more Scots voted for Thatchers government in 1979, 83 and 87 than had ever voted for the SNP up till 2015

eca03b2cdd40113459cb9cc7ae98477c.jpg

3 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Home ownership has improved the financial status of the majority of Scots families. It's been one of the most important social changes and it's enabled working class parents and grandparents - for the first time in the history of the UK - to leave behind an inheritance. 

I grew up in an era where council houses in Glasgow were absolute slums. Local authorities couldn't afford to maintain the damp ridden hovels and because of the state councils were letting them get into we were bulldozing solid tenement blocks and replacing them with cheap built tower blocks. 

That was when Glasgow was Labour controlled wasn't it?