Most loathsome Tory

Scary Bear

Which one is it?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't read the topic yet, but I'm about to.  There are so many horrors to choose from.  IDS, Fluffy, Rapeclause Ruth, Jeremy Hunt, the list goes on.  But the one who I reserve a special level of distaste for is this chap:
https://www.albertocosta.org.uk/
A whiny, mewling, nasty, vindictive, smug, supercilious little rat of a man.  I'm amazed that the people of South Leicestershire vote for him, given the proportion of his time he uses as an MP telling Scottish people they're too wee, too poor and too stupid.
He once got booted to f**k by the SNP in an election he stood in up here and his hatred of the SNP drives pretty much all his politics now.  An unbridled c**t of a man,

Didn't he get an electoral shoeing from the SNP in Angus?

His name seems familiar.

Another electoral failure, Derek Wann got in as a Councillor. Oh, Angus.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Hmmmm. Interesting selective quote there.

You missed the rest of his quote including the context.

Maybe you should stop blindly hanging on the every word of websites like Wings and start thinking and analysing what people say for yourself.

What he says is quite right.

The state has a responsibility for providing a safety net but sometimes people fall through it.

The state cannot and should not be expected to always prevent people falling through the cracks. It isn't possible.

In those circumstances where the state provided net can't be fixed, it is absolutely fantasic that we have citizens prepared to identify the issues and step up and help out when this happens. THAT is what society is all about.

Those who setup, administer and donate to things like foodbanks are providing a great service.

It's a shame that people aren't more appreciative of the circumstances.

Ooft. White knighting Rees-Mogg now.

The full quote doesn't improve things at all, it actually makes it worse. It's fair enough to 'expect people to fall through the cracks'. Rees-Mogg actually encourages it.

He's consistently voted for reducing benefits, ending support for 16-18 yr olds in education and other motions in parliament which allow more people to 'fall through the cracks'. I linked his voting history earlier in the thread.

He also voted against this http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2014-12-17&number=122&dmp=6729

Measures to Reduce Dependency on Food Banks — 17 Dec 2014

Maybe you should stop blindly hanging on the every word of cretins like Rees-Mogg and start thinking and analysing what people say for yourself.

The context makes that quote utterly miserable. The 'foodbanks are fantastic' thing could be justified if you think 'it's fantastic that people put effort into creating them, but it's awful that people need to' but no, he seems to think it isn't a problem that people need to. He's genuinely got the attitude that people like me are told is 'not what Tories believe', but he is proof that many do.

How on earth do you design a system where people cannot possibly fall through the cracks?
You reckon the state can catch every single person no matter how chaotic their lives are?
Seriously?

No.
We shouldn't be expecting people to fall through the cracks.
Try reading what posters are posting instead of seeing another opportunity to stomp all over the forum. Again.

The context makes that quote utterly miserable. The 'foodbanks are fantastic' thing could be justified if you think 'it's fantastic that people put effort into creating them, but it's awful that people need to' but no, he seems to think it isn't a problem that people need to. He's genuinely got the attitude that people like me are told is 'not what Tories believe', but he is proof that many do.

I'm surprised that the man from the 19th century holds the same views on foodbanks as oaksoft.

Look, I understand you hate the Tories but you really need to engage your brain.

You OK ***?
Posting that quote really seems to have gotten under your skin. You can tell Jacob I apologise for any offence I've caused him.

I'll qualify this thread: most loathsome living Tory who is regularly seen demonstrating why they are loathsome. Preferably a politician.

This. Tebbit is alive but he's rarely seen these days.

Archived