The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I feel there is some merit to the concerns that have been raised over this Kibble stuff as I'm not overly convinced about the denials that have been issued.. Making the application in the name of the charity foundation without informing them first, even if they were told later, is a bit odd to say the least. I also have my doubts about it just being a mistake that club owned land was highlighted.

But the way a certain individual has gone about raising these concerns has been rather silly and he seems to be just as concerned about his own profile as he is with highlighting the issues - as evidenced by a bizarre quote about how long he's supported the club and where he lived in that Herald article.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I feel there is some merit to the concerns that have been raised over this Kibble stuff as I'm not overly convinced about the denials that have been issued.. Making the application in the name of the charity foundation without informing them first, even if they were told later, is a bit odd to say the least. I also have my doubts about it just being a mistake that club owned land was highlighted.

But the way a certain individual has gone about raising these concerns has been rather silly and he seems to be just as concerned about his own profile as he is with highlighting the issues - as evidenced by a bizarre quote about how long he's supported the club and where he lived in that Herald article.

Yeah, broadly agree with this.

I don’t think Kibble have covered themselves in glory. However, the performance of Mr Wardrop in public and some other people behind the scenes has been embarrassing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a prominent former board member has his mitts over this in the background.

23 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Alan Wardrop banned from the stadium until further notice.20230511_170710.thumb.jpg.1a112485ea6c6ba6a732334bf9d7be8c.jpg

If that’s genuine that’s disgraceful.  By all means say they don’t want him to have anything to do with the 1877 Club any more but to ban him from the stadium is shocking.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

If that’s genuine that’s disgraceful.  By all means say they don’t want him to have anything to do with the 1877 Club any more but to ban him from the stadium is shocking.

Yeah go to agree.

We may not agree with what he has done in going after Kibble in the press but surely you can’t ban him from attending games as a supporter for freedom of speech?

1 minute ago, Stu said:

The directors are in a difficult situation: AW is not just a guy who has a season ticket. Use the press (front page no less) to attack the club on Wednesday then stroll into the 1877 club on Saturday to do his usual? Really?

I think Alan would have to be naive to think it would be business as usual after what he's done. He'll be allowed back as a fan I'm sure but the 1877 role has to end.

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Yeah go to agree.

We may not agree with what he has done in going after Kibble in the press but surely you can’t ban him from attending games as a supporter for freedom of speech?

I'm not ITK in any way, but...

The club made a statement CLEARLY saying his allegations about this application were false.

He then repeats them to the Herald and makes the club look bad.

IF the club is telling the truth, then this is not 'freedom of speech' - it's lying and defaming the club.

So assuming the club believe they've told the truth publicly, and he's then gone to the press calling them liars, I can understand why they've done this.

Horrible press for the club whichever way you look at it.

It's not at all disgraceful.

The guy is an absolute danger and is actively harmful to St. Mirren. He is intent on peddling nonsense and backing himself into a corner with tales of wrongdoing that have been debunked on three fronts, yet still he persists.

He's declared himself an active enemy of those running the club either directly or by proxy, so how could he possibly be welcomed to run the 1877 club or have an official capacity?

The Herald article was the last straw, a public accusation was made and a public rebuttal offered. That should have been the end of the matter or a further discussion had between the parties.

Wardrop has followed up by going to the press in an attempt to exert pressure and make it look to as wide an audience as possible that there is corruption within the club when the club already provided their stance on it.

Edited by djchapsticks

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Looks fake.

Aye, unless he posted it himself - and even then, given what we know of the guy of late, a degree of scepticism should be employed - then I would be reserving judgement on this.