The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Munoz saying on the match day thread that Grieve now also out for rest of the season.

I think our European chances have failed in no small part on a series of season ending injuries to key players at key times.

And I'm pretty sure Baccus is carrying an injury too which is impacting his minutes and his performances.

Having said that we could/should have got a point at Easter Road, and we should have had three last week.

Small margins, but we've come up on the wrong side of them.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Yeah, people always say we need to do more to maximise commercial revenue.

If replacing a closed club with 250 members with better hospitality (could you do a hospitality lite for £50 - bar meal and couple pints?), then creating a fan zone that’s accessible for all makes more cash, I’m in.

19 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

AW has gone full Matt Le Tissier now.

I nearly made this point last week but there was a lot going on... the mentality that is fuelling the worst Kibble paranoia is the same as the guys you see barking at "chem" trails, masks and vaccines. There's a subset of insecure older guys in this country that have some wild and dangerous views.

Another tremendous effort today. Brilliant to see us having a go again against the best. To take the push for Europe to at least the 2nd last game is a great effort. 5 points from the uglies now too and scored in all 4 games v the Green cheeks. A HUGE improvement. 

Shows how far we have come that we're sitting here gutted at two late equalisers against the best and (still officially) third best on the country.

It's a good dilemma to have but we could have been in a massively more fortunate position at this point.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just when you think Wardrop v Kibble is the daftest thing you’ve seen for a while, Curtis Main pops up with an epic fail of a new hairpiece. Someone have a word.

C3FF21F1-8F45-4F48-BC9E-79AA6A654EA3.jpeg

😂😂😂

If we can somehow figure out a way to win points consistently from teams we don't expect to turn the bulk of possession over to along with keeping on doing what we do against sides that we DO surrender the ball to, we'll be in a really sweet spot next season.