The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

32 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Most of Conor's caps have been from the bench. After tonight, I think he'll be one of the first names in the starting 11.

The only thing that was missing from his performance was a goal. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

70B63697-4193-4842-9287-0AEC2D0B4472.jpeg

B17A6F60-BD99-4A9D-B3E6-F66EEC67861A.jpeg

FFS..  that'll be him away in January for £150k...

Aye I'm having fun, but I know that's the way some fans think.

Delighted he's playing with confidence.  Hoping he hits his 1st goal or 2 for us against well.

8 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I can’t actually believe a club bigger than us didn’t come in for McMenamin.

He’ll go on to be one of the league’s singings of the season this year.

A bit of a puzzler how he'd been playing in Northern Ireland until the age of 28. Viaplay had Iain Dowie in the studio and he said McMenamin was the best player in that league "by a mile".

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

A bit of a puzzler how he'd been playing in Northern Ireland until the age of 28. Viaplay had Iain Dowie in the studio and he said McMenamin was the best player in that league "by a mile".

He only went full time a couple of seasons ago. I think he had a decent career as a social worker, so could've been reluctant to go full time.

It's worked out well for us because if he was 4 or 5 years younger I'm certain there would've been a lot more clubs interested. He's been a stand out for me so far this season.

£200k for a 28yo whos only had a few years of full time football and never played outside NI was wild, but fucking hell is it looking like a good gamble.

Apparently he reduced his wage demands to allow you to pay a higher fee, simply to get the deal done.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

£200k for a 28yo whos only had a few years of full time football and never played outside NI was wild, but fucking hell is it looking like a good gamble.

Apparently he reduced his wage demands to allow you to pay a higher fee, simply to get the deal done.

We didnt pay £200k

27 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We didnt pay £200k

It was definitely six figures . Chairman John Needham was praising the management team and enthusing about the club's financial state at the recent Smisa meeting. Quote " It had been many years since the club was able to lay-out a six figure fee for a player" .