The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I see Nick Walsh is Sunday's ref. Remember he chopped off 3 goals against Hearts. 

That’ll take the heat off Raes return to Paisley, it just goes to show they don’t really have a grasp on their mistakes or public opinion, he made a mistake in both the Hearts game and the Livingston one yet he’s in charge so soon, he should have been dropped to the juniors. They better muffle the cameras on the west stand in advance. 

On the plus side he owes us one

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

I see Nick Walsh is Sunday's ref. Remember he chopped off 3 goals against Hearts. 

And was the VAR official that somehow missed a clear push by a Rangers striker for their opening goal against Livingston.  

Seems a fair appointment.  

8 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

And was the VAR official that somehow missed a clear push by a Rangers striker for their opening goal against Livingston.  

Seems a fair appointment.  

I just had a listen to the VAR audio from the Tottenham-Liverpool cock-up. What a farce.

Would love to hear the 3 and a half minutes of dialogue which produced the lines for Greive's goal against Hearts and came to the conclusion that he was offside. 

A bit more transparency and maybe the officials would be forced to raise their games.

10 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I just had a listen to the VAR audio from the Tottenham-Liverpool cock-up. What a farce.

Would love to hear the 3 and a half minutes of dialogue which produced the lines for Greive's goal against Hearts and came to the conclusion that he was offside. 

A bit more transparency and maybe the officials would be forced to raise their games.

Watching the Rugby World Cup and you see how it should be done. The ref talks directly to the VAR, and it’s broadcast to everyone- same as the video- but most importantly, they speak directly, confer on the video and always confirm the decisions in plain simple language. No mistakes.

Surely we should copy a sport which has been doing this for years, without controversy. Or should we continue on our own path and make a ridiculous amount of mistakes

2 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

Watching the Rugby World Cup and you see how it should be done. The ref talks directly to the VAR, and it’s broadcast to everyone- same as the video- but most importantly, they speak directly, confer on the video and always confirm the decisions in plain simple language. No mistakes.

Surely we should copy a sport which has been doing this for years, without controversy. Or should we continue on our own path and make a ridiculous amount of mistakes

Without controversy? I thought Scotland got seriously shafted one time in a World Cup semi final? Against Australia with a South African referee was it? Or vice versa. Not sure, but I seem to remember that was a huge one.

Wherever theres human decision making, particularly in pressure situations, youll get mistakes. 

The folk who cant accept that, who instead see every decision solely through the prism of their own club, and claim a "conspiracy" against their side, are the reason the games been ruined by VAR and the reason we're likely not moving away from it anytime soon.

Cant understand why the same people then demand people from their club apply even more pressure to referees, who clearly struggle to deal with it, and encourage even more mistakes.

There are no better referees available in this country, the lower league is even worse.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wherever theres human decision making, particularly in pressure situations, youll get mistakes. 

The folk who cant accept that, who instead see every decision solely through the prism of their own club, and claim a "conspiracy" against their side, are the reason the games been ruined by VAR and the reason we're likely not moving away from it anytime soon.

Cant understand why the same people then demand people from their club apply even more pressure to referees, who clearly struggle to deal with it, and encourage even more mistakes.

There are no better referees available in this country, the lower league is even worse.

There clearly are errors by referees in games, in any country, that are human error. I firmly believe that there are referees (and indeed VAR officials) in this particular country, who officiate two particular clubs, how shall I put it… differently.

The Mandron goal being chalked off for a ‘foul’ when the Motherwell player just fell over…. Versus the Sevco goal being allowed to stand at Sevco Park against Livingston. Honest mistakes my fcuking arse.

Thank you. Fcuking right we should put pressure on Walsh ahead of Sunday. Won’t make things any worse for us. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

There clearly are errors by referees in games, in any country, that are human error. I firmly believe that there are referees (and indeed VAR officials) in this particular country, who officiate two particular clubs, how shall I put it… differently.

The Mandron goal being chalked off for a ‘foul’ when the Hearts player just fell over…. Versus the Sevco goal being allowed to stand at Sevco Park against Livingston. Honest mistakes my fcuking arse.

Thank you. Fcuking right we should put pressure on Walsh ahead of Sunday. Won’t make things any worse for us. 

More human errors in your post mate, you running the line on Sunday 😀

FTFY

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Without controversy? I thought Scotland got seriously shafted one time in a World Cup semi final? Against Australia with a South African referee was it? Or vice versa. Not sure, but I seem to remember that was a huge one.

No. The match you refer to was the quarter final in 2015 and the TMO (VAR) wasn’t used. 
Every week in Scotland (and England) there are controversial (and slow) VAR decisions and it needs to be much more open.  
Justice needs to be done and SEEN to be done

6 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

"confirm the decisions in plain simple language" is the key.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There speaks a man who has not seen his team lose legitimate points because of poor decisions. If all was dealt with correctly we would be sitting joint top and a better goal difference. 

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

There speaks a man who has not seen his team lose legitimate points because of poor decisions. 

It literally happened to us on Saturday.

Last season we conceded goals to blatant handballs twice.

Clearly youre one of the "bad things only happen to us" band..

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

A referee who mistakes under pressure, being put under pressure, is definitely making mistakes in your game.

Its just delusion to think none will go against you, but presumably it becomes a "conspiracy" again when it does.