The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I took out their insurance and it was sold with a guarantee about making connecting flights so I hope so.

Check the legal right to compo under UK and EU law I missed a connection in Frankfurt to Milan last year due to a late connecting flight from Glasgow Same scenario not enough time to cross the airport I got meal vouchers and £250 compo paying for my https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/

Edited by Danny

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Go and set fire to the Paris rail network in protest.

I’m going to see Killie in Brugge next week via Paris CDG, so don’t even think about it!

8 minutes ago, Boring Bob said:

I’m going to see Killie in Brugge next week via Paris CDG, so don’t even think about it!

To be fair, I think someone has beaten him to it.

11 hours ago, Kempes said:

Hope you had a good night in the company of the Boss. I suspect it wasn’t your debut. Me and my good lady have seen him live five times, Glasgow, New York and Edinburgh, so resisted the temptation to venture to the big smoke in the hope that we can afford the flights to Warsaw to see the gaffer lift the Euro trophy 🏆 

Take out the “old codger might call off if he has a frog in his throat insurance”. Called off his Milan gigs in June and cost us a fortune. No longer the Boss, he’s the Bass!

47 minutes ago, Danny said:

Check the legal right to compo under UK and EU law I missed a connection in Frankfurt to Milan last year due to a late connecting flight from Glasgow Same scenario not enough time to cross the airport I got meal vouchers and £250 compo paying for my https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/

Cheers Danny.

24 minutes ago, Boring Bob said:

Just make sure your connection has loads of time before it, CDG is an absolute nightmare to navigate, especially with the Olympics on, and their staff I don't think have had any customer service training. 

17 minutes ago, Boring Bob said:

Take out the “old codger might call off if he has a frog in his throat insurance”. Called off his Milan gigs in June and cost us a fortune. No longer the Boss, he’s the Bass!

These ageing rock stars are more injury prone now. With Stevie Nicks calling off due to a knee injury, I’m just glad that (so far) we haven’t gone down the van Veen route yet.

40 minutes ago, Kempes said:

These ageing rock stars are more injury prone now. With Stevie Nicks calling off due to a knee injury, I’m just glad that (so far) we haven’t gone down the van Veen route yet.

Whilst I have some sympathy with Nicks, having been taken out just above the knee by a late Alan Power tackle, surely she could have performed on a stool rather than disappoint 10,000 fans?

Edited by Boring Bob
typo

On 25/07/2024 at 21:53, jimmy boo said:

Wonder who belongs to the London supporters flag? None of my acquaintances.

that flag has been at games for years 🇾🇪 dates back to when there used to be a meet up in london for live games

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I took out their insurance and it was sold with a guarantee about making connecting flights so I hope so.

To be fair mate, 50 minutes connection in CDG is not really realistic. No way you’re getting off the plane, through (French) immigration and running to terminal 2 within an hour. 

When I’m doing connections in Europe I’d look at 2 hours minimum for a connection. 

Hope your insurance comes through. 

On 25/07/2024 at 21:53, jimmy boo said:

Wonder who belongs to the London supporters flag? None of my acquaintances.

Jimmy, you know us - from the Bankhouse?  Only one of us in Reykjavik, but more in Paisley for the second leg.  And still flying the flag in London.

On 25/07/2024 at 19:46, Stan Bo said:

Quality of stream seems excellent......not sure about the American commentator 🤣

not a fan of American footy commentators, but this lad did a decent job and clearly had at least done a little research before the game, and he didn't do too much talking

On 25/07/2024 at 20:32, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not been impressed by Smyth. Dwelling on the ball too much and been giving it away a lot. 

thought it was just me who thought the same..thanks for that I was beginning to doubt mesell

On 25/07/2024 at 21:43, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Very frustrating watch that. 
For the chances we had, we never forced a save of note and Balcome spared our blushes on a good few occasions. 
Pluses for me were Brown and Idowu. Pass marks for most players. 
STILL failing to see what Scott brings and Jonah simply has not been the same player since his injury. Not sure if it’s just his languid style, but he doesn’t even look interested these days. 
Still, all that said, I think we’ll cuff them at our bit. 

regarding Scott, I have seen nothing that promises he will improve...........but, I thought the same about Toyosi, so hopefully the manager is right and I aint

On 25/07/2024 at 23:16, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know he missed a couple of decent chances tonight, but can I just say I absolutely fuckin love Olusanya.

He might be a Poundshop Tino Asprilla but he’s oor Poundshop Tino Asprilla. 
❤️❤️

he is someone that I hope the club is trying to get him to sign a contract extension. 

13 hours ago, ford prefect said:

Springsteen is fantastic. I'd say calling his songs "American triumphalism" shows as much awareness as Trump using "born in the USA" at his rallies. 

sorry but while Springsteen is fantastic.  his songs are certainly "American triumphalism, it doesn't make the man a bad singer, because he certainly isn't, but his songs do showcase some of the arrogance of certain American viewpoints.  Trump epitomises those elements.

On 25/07/2024 at 21:46, Wilbur said:

Go Ahead v Brann

"The breakfast cereals derby."

(Just nipped in for quick scroll through fan reaction to your game... Saw this, had to Google to check if even real... Apologies if already been covered / joked about...)