The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

16 minutes ago, Jersey Bud said:

After I dropped you back home you’ll be delighted to know the fog was clear when I drove past the Airport.

The joys of Island life, ah well telly it is then. 🤢

Aye. I saw that the Blue Islands flight from Southampton landed at 10.00!!

Easyjet to quick to cancel as usual! 

14 hours ago, Hooded Claw said:

This could open a whole new conversation, Jimmy Savillesson.

Rolf Harrisson works particularly well.

As a side note, for decades I basked in the reflected glory of Two Little Boys being No. 1 on the day I was born. Not so much now....

15 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

In summary:

1. Accused of child sex offences.

2. Cleared of child sex offences.

3. Go to your work and have hundreds of people shout "paedo" at you.

Nice.

Aye, the super-wealthy have access to legal advice that you and I don't Buttocks..

I believe he admitted that it occurred, it might've been a set-up after he solicited prostitution but he went ahead anyway on the old rock star/DJ maxim of, "I didn't ask and she didn't say"   

All the best for tonight, lads.  I hope you get the result to progress.

Nights like these don't come along too often for clubs like ours, so enjoy every minute! 

33 minutes ago, Drooper said:

As a side note, for decades I basked in the reflected glory of Two Little Boys being No. 1 on the day I was born. Not so much now....

Stylistics, I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) for me

To relate my birth to a St Mirren theme, it was the same day Billy Gillies and Bertie Miller was sending the Saints to 0-2 reverse at Bayview.

Who remembers Bert Ferguson then? Actually, namesake's Fergie's first signing for Saints and died in 2021.

I wonder if Fergie remembers the East Fife defeat

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1975&GameID=197508270

The Gillies pen

Gillies.jpg.e1c879510c4f8a8387367aae91750086.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

40 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Not quite the same thing but I have the dubious honour of the first single I ever bought being I love you love me love by Gary Glitter! 🤣🤣

Paint it Black by the Stones was number one the day I was born. Didn’t Bill Wyman have paedo tendencies too? 🤣

13 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Stylistics, I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) for me

To relate my birth to a St Mirren theme, it was the same day Billy Gillies and Bertie Miller was sending the Saints to 0-2 reverse at Bayview.

Who remembers Bert Ferguson then? Actually, namesake's Fergie's first signing for Saints and died in 2021.

I wonder if Fergie remembers the East Fife defeat

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1975&GameID=197508270

The Gillies pen

Gillies.jpg.e1c879510c4f8a8387367aae91750086.jpg

Had to check there , I knew Fergie had never lost a league game to East Fife , forgot about that LC dead rubber !

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye. I saw that the Blue Islands flight from Southampton landed at 10.00!!

Easyjet to quick to cancel as usual! 

In the past the Glasgow-Jersey leg would have diverted to Gatwick and sat around waiting for the fog to clear , nowadays , it held for about half an hour and returned to Glasgow with all it's passengers.

21 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Aye, the super-wealthy have access to legal advice that you and I don't Buttocks..

I believe he admitted that it occurred, it might've been a set-up after he solicited prostitution but he went ahead anyway on the old rock star/DJ maxim of, "I didn't ask and she didn't say"   

Supposition and rumour then. Police officers, Muslims and others down south just now will be able to tell you the damage that can do.

Best ever no. 1 to be born to for me, Come Up and See Me, Make me Smile, Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebel. I couldn't have picked a more apt number!

Mine is ‘Surrender’ by Elvis Presley. Happy with that. One of the benefits of being born in the 1960s… avoid all that mid-70s paedo nonsense. 🙂

…he says, without even mentioning Priscilla. So aye, moving right along. 🙃

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Mine is ‘Surrender’ by Elvis Presley. Happy with that. One of the benefits of being born in the 1960s… avoid all that mid-70s paedo nonsense. 🙂

You nearly whooshed me there. 🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

52 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not quite the same thing but I have the dubious honour of the first single I ever bought being I love you love me love by Gary Glitter! 🤣🤣

Paint it Black by the Stones was number one the day I was born. Didn’t Bill Wyman have paedo tendencies too? 🤣

Wyman went with Mandy Smith when she was 13 and he was about 108, but for some reason the tabloid press, police and establishment as a whole were OK with it.