The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

12 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Gogic has had an uncharacteristic horror show today. 

I don't think he was fit. I get we want him playing even if not 100% but he was suspect at all 3 goals.

As for the game as a whole, at 1-1 we had them rattled and could've scored again. We ran out of steam at the end but it's absolutely no disgrace. They're in Europe season after season and we gave them a game over 2 legs.

Lacked the quality upfront that will cost us unless we get a striker in. Defence has looked shaky since start of the season. 

Great effort but cant help but feel we contributed to losing this one

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Guys face is on his knee, apparently. He went full Ronaldinho. TBF, I do think it was a foul, just not a high foot.

Thought Gogic pulled out of it and it was a shocking decision but maybe need to see it again

That was a much, much better performance than last week. Not to be though. They're operating at a considerably higher level than us, so was always going to be really difficult. Toyosi slipping when Mika had it out wide at 1-1 though.....

Anyway, been amazing to be back in Europe. Hopefully, it won't be another 37 years!

1 minute ago, Buttocks Brown said:

That was a much, much better performance than last week. Not to be though. They're operating at a considerably higher level than us, so was always going to be really difficult. Toyosi slipping when Mika had it out wide at 1-1 though.....

Anyway, been amazing to be back in Europe. Hopefully, it won't be another 37 years!

The way the co-efficient is going it will take a quality saints team it make it to Europe again.  I doubt we will for a good while

6 minutes ago, truesaint said:

The way the co-efficient is going it will take a quality saints team it make it to Europe again.  I doubt we will for a good while

We may make europe but its tough to make a group stage. 

If we had a fully fit squad we would have run them closer. 

Really good effort and proud of the team.

Tonight just shows how far we've come in a relatively short time. 5 minutes away from taking a quality team into extra time in Europe. 

Plenty to be upbeat about. 

16 minutes ago, truesaint said:

C'est la vie. Didn't expect to win tonight  but at least made a go of it.  A couple of more signings, one in midfield and one up front and we will be ok this season

My feelings too.

A wee bit of hope instilled by the equaliser, but we were beaten by the better team in the end.

Just too many players in midfield having to play a major role in the team too early.

10 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Ach, hey ho if that's the case. A couple of European nights have been inserted into the memory bank alongside other great moments!

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

My feelings too.

A wee bit of hope instilled by the equaliser, but we were beaten by the better team in the end.

Just too many players in midfield having to play a major role in the team too early.

It's the hope that gets you...

Not that much in it. A fit O'hara in midfield would have helped, as would a few more games under the belt for the new players. The late goals came largely from the team tiring and losing concentration. 

1 hour ago, Buckets said:

Thought Gogic pulled out of it and it was a shocking decision but maybe need to see it again

I wouldn't mind another look but I do think Gogic kicked him.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Much better display. But why take Taylor off when Gogic was struggling so badly?

Taylor was one of a couple players on yellows who looked nailed on to be getting sent off not long before we equalised. Idowu was the other. It was the sensible move.

1 hour ago, jonty said:

Buddies? Did yous win chaps?

Finished 3-1 on the night, 4-2 to Brann on aggregate. This information is pretty widely available mate.