The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I thought Dunne was a good player for us. The time was probably right for him to move on but I wouldn't have been unhappy if he'd signed a year's extension.

People will point out his mistakes that cost us goals - which is fair enough - but I could list a few costly mistakes from all our current centre halves, and that's just from so far this season.

He'd be a reasonable signing for St Johnstone.

I really liked Dunne, think he was a bit under appreciated by our support but my concern would be I think St Johnstone are playing a back 4?

For me Dunnes only position is left side of a 3 wouldnt fancy him at all as part of a 2. 

2 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

😅 We need a hard c**t cb , that dominates in the air, preferably quick 

He’s better than most folk will have you believe. Like all centre backs at this level he’s got one or two mistakes in him, but overall he’d be a solid signing.

I’m surprised he’s not got a club already. 

6 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Yeah I think Dunne could do someone a turn - was probably, like Shaughnessy the right time for us to move on, but still a good player. 

This. Joe Shags still played 38 times for a top six team last season, but Robbo felt the time was right to move him on.

1 hour ago, Stan Bo said:

I really liked Dunne, think he was a bit under appreciated by our support but my concern would be I think St Johnstone are playing a back 4?

For me Dunnes only position is left side of a 3 wouldnt fancy him at all as part of a 2. 

We've changed from a back 3 and 4 throughout the season tbh, he's not settled on a shape.

Our captain is an entirely left footed CB so I think if Dunne signs then it guarantees we'll go to a back 3, as both will be starters and neither can play RCB.

59 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Surprised he hadn't found a new club. Decent player but we have upgraded with Iacovitti.

Maybe, but rolling about on the ground holding his face, after Simon Murray outmuscled him and then went through on goal, hasn't endeared him to me.

44 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Maybe, but rolling about on the ground holding his face, after Simon Murray outmuscled him and then went through on goal, hasn't endeared him to me.

How about the 2 goals he has scored

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

All joking aside it is a wee bit weird that we signed him on Friday night and we’ve not seen hide nor hair of him yet 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Nah, not really at this point. For all we know he might have been about the ground yesterday and getting photos etc done then.

Surely it's obvious you've signed him without him being in the country, and he's sorting things out over there before he moves country?

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely it's obvious you've signed him without him being in the country, and he's sorting things out over there before he moves country?

Either that, or Robbo's making him run from the Netherlands to shed a few lbs.

18 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

This. Joe Shags still played 38 times for a top six team last season, but Robbo felt the time was right to move him on.

I love Shaughnessy as much as the next guy, but our defence is comfortably better now than when he played for us.

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

All joking aside it is a wee bit weird that we signed him on Friday night and we’ve not seen hide nor hair of him yet 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

He's not been in Scotland for the signing but must have an agreement in place. Probably sorting things out in Holland 1st. No doubt the scarf pic will appear soon.