The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

42 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

James McLean allegedly talked him out of it.

Thankfully. 

Take away the penalties & there isn’t much left. 

Goodwin told McGrath to go down south and not to sign for either Aberdeen or Hibs, it had nothing to do with James McLean 😅

McGrath is hardly going to come out and say yeah I came down south because my old manager Jim told me to.

People on here were wanting Jim sacked just a few weeks ago, football fans are fickle as f**k.

Goodwin will go on to much bigger and better things that St Mirren. But I don't think he'll go to Aberdeen.

I heard the Aberdeen Chairman when he phoned up Sportsound, he's a fucking moon howler.  Goodwin won't put up with that shit... It appears that he has a good relationship with the board here, knows that his stock will be high when we finish higher than some of the establishment clubs, and there's life changing money to be made in the English Championship. Why would JG risk his future earning potential against the exposure of going to Aberdeen and starting over with a rank pool of players and a board who think that their inalienable right is to finish higher than 3rd in Scotland and win a cup every year?

He's too clever for that.  

Jack Ross would be an excellent fit for Aberdeen. I dont think that they'll take him, and i think they're in trouble... 

Goodwin will stay for a bit, and eventually I see him at a Bristol City or another outsider for the Championship title like QPR. He's good enough and he knows it. Too good for the current Aberdeen side. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

People on here were wanting Jim sacked just a few weeks ago, football fans are fickle as f**k.

Goodwin will go on to much bigger and better things that St Mirren. But I don't think he'll go to Aberdeen.

I heard the Aberdeen Chairman when he phoned up Sportsound, he's a fucking moon howler.  Goodwin won't put up with that shit... It appears that he has a good relationship with the board here, knows that his stock will be high when we finish higher than some of the establishment clubs, and there's life changing money to be made in the English Championship. Why would JG risk his future earning potential against the exposure of going to Aberdeen and starting over with a rank pool of players and a board who think that their inalienable right is to finish higher than 3rd in Scotland and win a cup every year?

He's too clever for that.  

Jack Ross would be an excellent fit for Aberdeen. I dont think that they'll take him, and i think they're in trouble... 

Goodwin will stay for a bit, and eventually I see him at a Bristol City or another outsider for the Championship title like QPR. He's good enough and he knows it. Too good for the current Aberdeen side. 

I said the exact same thing yesterday! 😂

10 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Tony *top 4* Fitzpatrick does a fair bit of moon howling too I'd suggest buddies. Definitely won't be hard for Goodwin to go on to bigger and better than plucky wee Saint Mirren.

Accrington Stanley (who are they) or such like...

We're a top six SPL team & in the hat for the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup; going to Aberdeen is a downwards career move. :)

33 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

First time for everything buddy.  Enjoy the glory days while they last is what I would say. Only way is down from such heady heights. Open top bus been booked yet for your mid season top six place?

Edit - cannae spell

Allen Maldonado Reaction GIF by Heels

I honestly don't mind the buddies. I have nothing but the utmost respect for your supporters, it would be so easy to support one of the ugly sisters where you guys are.

I personally don't want Goodwin but I do think he's doing a fantastic job for you guys and hope you can hold on to him for another season and establish yourselves in top 6. I'd love to see you guys grow a bit.

I'm hoping for someone a bit left field and interesting but I'm not so sure Cormack will wish to gamble again.

If Goodwin did rock up at Aberdeen he would get my full support and wouldn't be a complete disappointment for me and would probably be a success to a degree.

Please don't bring Langfield if you do Jim. May turn some fans off from the start even though he was our keeper when we took 43000+ fans to ParkRED in 2014. (Hearts can't take that to Murrayfield without inviting Barcelona to bring in Hibs and Dunfermline fans never mind a rivals stadium 170 miles away)

Clangers will be telling Jim of the potential and the demands no doubt.

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Lee Erwin off to FC Haka in Finland.

He's finished etc....

Still wouldn't surprise me to see someone come in. Good luck to Erwin he just wasn't good enough. 

Alex Grieve is better being developed and looks a player. 

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Still wouldn't surprise me to see someone come in. Good luck to Erwin he just wasn't good enough. 

Alex Grieve is better being developed and looks a player. 

Goodwin confirmed we are looking at someone else similar to JJ.

1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

All the best to him. I'll alwatlys remember him for the tap in he scored against Celtic and...  erm, thats it.  

That was actually an own goal but was given to Erwin because we felt sorry for him.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:
All the best to him. I'll alwatlys remember him for the tap in he scored against Celtic and...  erm, thats it.  

One more League goal than Main has scored for us (Fraser scored before anyone says anything).

Didn't Erwin score a really good header in a win over County at Dingwall last season as well?