The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Hippo is capable of some absolute moments of brilliance and can be a matchwinner on his day. Sadly he's also capable more often than not of being lazy and uninterested. He's also a bit of a unit. That said i'd rather have kept him than peaheart Harris. There is a player in Hippo but we have been saying that since his Livi days. The only thing consistent about him is his inconsistency. Good luck with him if you get him.  He's also injured at the moment but should be fit in next 7-10days according to Hartley's post match interview after the ICT game.

Apart from being a diving b*****d I’ve always found him to be a handful - looks he might have limited ability but is certainly a powerful unit which will give us a more mobile version of Sutton.

Gives us the diff option Ross has been looking for

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Hippo is capable of some absolute moments of brilliance and can be a matchwinner on his day. Sadly he's also capable more often than not of being lazy and uninterested. He's also a bit of a unit. That said i'd rather have kept him than peaheart Harris. There is a player in Hippo but we have been saying that since his Livi days. The only thing consistent about him is his inconsistency. Good luck with him if you get him.  He's also injured at the moment but should be fit in next 7-10days according to Hartley's post match interview after the ICT game.

How do you think he will cope with the step up to a bigger club with more pressure etc?

He should be a decent signing I think.

I wouldn't say bigger club ,but that aside if he can just get consistent week in week out you will have yourselves a player. Thats his biggest problem though. Don't know if it's an attitude thing. Is he Prem class? Doubtful. On his game you will love him. 

Not overly happy that we're letting Hippo go tbh. Splits opinion amongst our fans as he can look disinterested at times or try to do too much. But on the other side of that he can win a match single-handed. He hasn't been great this season (who has?), but last season only Sibbald was involved in more goals for us. Think he'll do well for Saints for the rest of the season as they're dominating games and playing with confidence. Definitely worth a punt for a team likely to be in the lower half of the Premiership too.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Jack Ross has a great track record for bringing in players either not rated or poorly rated at other Clubs and turning them into hard-working cogs of our juggernaut. Gav and Cammy being two examples. Hopefully Hippo is the next one up. For those that don't shape up or make the mark they are quickly shipped out. Great manager - doesn't mess about.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Jack Ross has a great track record for bringing in players either not rated or poorly rated at other Clubs and turning them into hard-working cogs of our juggernaut. Gav and Cammy being two examples. Hopefully Hippo is the next one up. For those that don't shape up or make the mark they are quickly shipped out. Great manager - doesn't mess about.

Hard working he certainly wont be I'm afraid. Has the odd match when he looks unstoppable but then disappears for weeks on end.  We're basically telling you exactly the same things Livie told us when we signed him.