The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Can't mind if this has been mentioned on here before, but seen a few folk link us with Kyle Turner. Dunno if it's just cos of our link with his dad. 

Id take him. Saw Thistle a few times last season and thought he looked really good. 

2 hours ago, jm1 said:

Can't mind if this has been mentioned on here before, but seen a few folk link us with Kyle Turner. Dunno if it's just cos of our link with his dad. 

Id take him. Saw Thistle a few times last season and thought he looked really good. 

Always impressed whenever I watched any of the Jags games last season on tv. 
Id imagine there will be plenty of clubs interested in talking to him.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Always impressed whenever I watched any of the Jags games last season on tv. 
Id imagine there will be plenty of clubs interested in talking to him.

If he doesn't eat a pre-match plate of chips like his da then I'm not interested.

50 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If he doesn't eat a pre-match plate of chips like his da then I'm not interested.

How did his da eat them?  

edit: there’s a confident claim -including from Div of this Parish - that he’s signed for us, but I can’t find any ITKAF sources to support that. 

Edited by Savage Henry

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

How did his da eat them?  

edit: there’s a confident claim -including from Div of this Parish - that he’s signed for us, but I can’t find any ITKAF sources to support that. 

He offers us something different. Creative and can bag a few goals too.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He doesn't offer us anything different if Div is suggesting he's signed for Ross County 😅

Not sure we really need any more midfielders anyway.

As you pointed out earlier there are other positions that require signings, with a particular urgency.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Not sure we really need any more midfielders anyway.

As you pointed out earlier there are other positions that require signings, with a particular urgency.

Yeah. I wouldn't really be looking at centre mid until way down the line or if we need to replace O'Hara or Baccus.

We've got those two, Gogic and CBM as starting options and Flynn as a late sub option. Maybe could do with one more in there eventually (Sule is still rumoured) but I'd be very comfortable if we started the season with only them as our options to pick from.

Edited by djchapsticks

Don’t think Turner would add anything to our squad. Tidy enough player, but wouldn’t be improving us and would 2nd midfield sub behind Kiltie…or even 3rd after Boyd-Munce.

41 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's letting them put up a shop that brings in the real coin.

We'll never live that down. I was at the station after the 2-2 game against Hearts and one of their fans was shouting how our big team lost and how we should open a Celtic shop to recoup the money we'd lose from not making Europe.