The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Wasn’t Carson close to signing for Celtic? Wonder how that would’ve gone down with his staunch family members. 

if the teamsheet tonight is anything to go by then Hemming has been given #1 jersey. All others have been given their usual squad number too.

35 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Wasn’t Carson close to signing for Celtic? Wonder how that would’ve gone down with his staunch family members. 

if the teamsheet tonight is anything to go by then Hemming has been given #1 jersey. All others have been given their usual squad number too.

He did nearly sign for Celtic from us. If i’m being honest I can’t remember the actual reason it didn’t happen. Think we rejected the bid because they were taking the pish but could be wrong on that 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Possibly injured?

No Brophy or Henderson either pretty much confirms they are no longer in NI.

Brophy trained with County today. Not sure about Henderson, but Brophy is a County player.  

7 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

He did nearly sign for Celtic from us. If i’m being honest I can’t remember the actual reason it didn’t happen. Think we rejected the bid because they were taking the pish but could be wrong on that 🤷‍♂️

I read about this in an interview when he just signed a new deal with us, ironically he was telling this anecdote to say how well he works with Robinson. Apparently you were due to sign someone else to replace him but it fell through, so Robinson pulled the plug and Celtic signed Scott Bain.

Hemming being given the number 1 jersey looks ominous for Carson.

12 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I read about this in an interview when he just signed a new deal with us, ironically he was telling this anecdote to say how well he works with Robinson. Apparently you were due to sign someone else to replace him but it fell through, so Robinson pulled the plug and Celtic signed Scott Bain.

Going by Carson's version we'd accepted the offer and everything was agreed in principle but were waiting on Freddie Woodman being confirmed as his replacement but he ended up going to Aberdeen at the last minute instead so we pulled it as we didn't have time to get an alternative in.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Hemming being given the number 1 jersey looks ominous for Carson.

I think yer right on that one. Now you say it I remember they signed Bain instead. He was always being signed as 3rd choice for Celtic so in terms of ambition it was poor. On the other hand if someone wants tae pay me ridiculous thousands of pounds tae do nothing… i’d sign for them tae 

3 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

I think yer right on that one. Now you say it I remember they signed Bain instead. He was always being signed as 3rd choice for Celtic so in terms of ambition it was poor. On the other hand if someone wants tae pay me ridiculous thousands of pounds tae do nothing… i’d sign for them tae 

Their affiliation and loyalties mean very little when considering the money that is on the table.

Remember Kyle Lafferty was a bawhair away from being a Celtic player about 6 months before Rangers came sniffing.

Edited by djchapsticks