The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, McG said:

We are weaker in the goal keeping/defence and the striking department compared to last season.

Bit harsh on the striking department when we’ve signed three forwards, one of whom didn’t feature today and two of which had less than 45 mins just 24 hours after signing.

We are going to shit the bed with this league cup group aren't we? 😂😂😂.

In all seriousness I was hoping the annual meltdown could have been avoided this summer after what happened last season. 

Pretty much why I avoid friendlies now, they are brutal and mainly for the manager to tinker about and see who's up to scratch, who's not, experiment with a few things.

3 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

99DCC7C2-4BCF-434C-9CD1-C0C800AEA6E9.jpeg

Please bookmark this. 

St Mirren for top-six in the Premiership. 

Morton no better than mid-table in the wilderness league.

Go on, bookmark it !!!

Losing a 2nd goal so quickly is poor. Need to get our concentration and mentality ready for competitive matches.

should be scoring to get the winning mindset confidence also.

Nevermind, soapdodgers got their highlight of the season result. Well have bigger highlights ahead.

41 minutes ago, McG said:

You having a laugh mate? He was abysmal and is nowhere near good enough.

A decent keeper is the difference between having a decent season or fighting relegation.

He didn't actually have anything to do in the first half, so i'm not sure as to how you can call him abysmal.

I only saw snippets of the second half, but in the bits I did see he, he was fine. 

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

We scored 2 goals when we had about 6 trialists on the park. Probably only one of them will be offered a contract. Let that sink in! 

We've heard it all before. Yawwwwn. Yet here we are still waving down at you.

Where's that "See you next season" poster?

That was about six years ago.

Let that sink in.;)

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He didn't actually have anything to do in the first half, so i'm not sure as to how you can call him abysmal.

I only saw snippets of the second half, but in the bits I did see he, he was fine. 

I usually agree with most of your posts etc mate but he’s miles off it, doesn’t command his box and just looks shite. Mark Ridgers type signing. 

Robinson isn’t daft though and will know he isn’t good enough after 2-3 games and he will be quickly replaced.

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We scored 2 goals when we had about 6 trialists on the park. Probably only one of them will be offered a contract. Let that sink in! 

When was the last time you played in the premier league? A mid championship plodder outfit is your limit. Let that sink in!

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We've heard it all before. Yawwwwn. Yet here we are still waving down at you.

Where's that "See you next season" poster?

That was about six years ago.

Let that sink in.;)

We won't see you next season that's how. You will be relegated and we'll be promoted. Let that sink in!