The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Really? 

Screenshot_20230714_164752_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4605cc58be4c830167b877e3aad02970.jpg

8 in 27 at League one level for a 21 year old is impressive in itself. Even more when this was one of the two poorest teams in the league. 

I'd say he had a good scoring record last season.

Yip

Also,  Pressley top-scored with 19 goals in 26 B team appearances with Brentford during the 2020–21 season and was voted the team's Players' Player of the Year.

Looks like potential to me. If he was already a proven goal scorer then he’d either be too good for us or past it!

I reckon it’ll be a left field signing after all this 😆

Edited by Captain_Sensible

8 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I reckon it’ll be a left field signing after all this 😆

Almost certainly!

The only reason I mentioned him is because he's the only player we've been linked to in last couple of weeks that tick all boxes that Robinson listed.

If we were linked with 5 or 6 folk with similar attributes I don't think anyone would be hanging their hat on it being Pressley but it's nice to properly speculate rather than have stuff leaked for a change.

4 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

It was mentioned on Misery hunters that he was asked at the Johnstone Burch prize giving and he said his contract is a done deal. 

Yeah it's definitely not Main. Robinson said he's chased this player for some time and my logic is that if something is currently agreed in principle but no pen to paper, it's because the player concerned isn't based in Scotland.

If it was Main, it would have been signed at point of agreement and unveiled today given he's still in the local area.

Edited by djchapsticks

49 minutes ago, elvis said:

Why do we keep signing guys who can hardly  score in a brothel never mind a game of football. If its Pressly looking at his stats nothing to write home about.

Try finding a proven prolific scorer who can cut at this level on our wage structure !

Just watched Football Icons Steve Archibald. Did he do well or what it's a good watch all his career including winning the Challenge Cup with Airdrie as manager.  There was only one of his clubs not mentioned you guessed it St Mirren.  Maybe understandable season 1990 /91 Stevie played 16 games with a return of 2 goals. Did Stevie not call Love Street a strikers grave yard ?  My memory of Stevie was getting his mate in Victor Munoz in midfield. Paul Lambert improved drastically playing along side Victor.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Why do we keep signing guys who can hardly  score in a brothel never mind a game of football. If its Pressly looking at his stats nothing to write home about.

Like McMenamin?

2 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Posted similar on our own FB page. My first Montrose game was against St. Mirren in 1972. I can't remember any others in the past 51 years, home or away. Wouldn't mind a similar scoreline,  we won 3-1.

Last meeting was in the Scottish Cup in 93/94, Saints won 2-0 at Love St.