The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe he will be snapped up later in the window, maybe he’ll stay and everyone moves on. Either way, just get it feckin’ sorted. It’s a distraction now. A very boring, who gives a fcuk if you missed a Sevco game distraction. My attitude is moving from ‘hope he stays’ to ‘just fcuk off and we can move on’.

👍

42 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I wouldn't be letting TC go for free. He's contracted for another 2 years- if he wants away, then it should only be if someone pays.

What would be the point in holding out for a transfer fee that wouldn’t cover the wages we’d need to pay him if he stays?

Its all one to Carson - he still gets paid

Mwanwhile we’re lumbered with a wave that could be freed up to sign someone else! 

It's looks more like the rumours around Carson are true. If he has spat the dummy over being benched for a dead rubber game, no matter the team and circumstances then f**k him. As an experienced pro I'd like the think he'd understand the concept of us giving a young keeper the opportunity for top flight minutes, especially in a dead rubber. Even with the rumours of his family being over to see this particular team, he'd very likely have faced them at least 3 times next season. In my opinion he can go and the sooner the better. 

Now that McCrorie has asked to move on from Sevco, after learning he still won’t be getting a game, maybe Trevor could take his place. I’m sure  his family would be very loyal supporters, even if TC is just carrying the hampers and sitting in the stand.

Losing Carson and Joe makes our defence a lot more vulnerable. Carson is a very good keeper and Joe was our most consistent CD.  Gallagher is now the best we have and I hope his fitness problems are over. Not a great fan of Dunne as he is generally ok but his mistakes are usually big and often cost us. Same with Fraser but maybe less so. Taylor could come good and with the number of midfielders we now have I would think Gogic may be playing more often in defence. But I would prefer Carson and Joe to be in there.

35 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Talk of Carson possibly joining a Scottish rival, and Div pointing out the clubs who just fixed up other keepers, got me thinking. I wonder if any of those BoDs and managers had a discussion, and the discussion went ‘Carson at St Mirren could be available, but he’s available because he chucked the toys out the pram over an end of season Sevco game, let’s forget about him’.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

It's looks more like the rumours around Carson are true. If he has spat the dummy over being benched for a dead rubber game, no matter the team and circumstances then f**k him. As an experienced pro I'd like the think he'd understand the concept of us giving a young keeper the opportunity for top flight minutes, especially in a dead rubber. Even with the rumours of his family being over to see this particular team, he'd very likely have faced them at least 3 times next season. In my opinion he can go and the sooner the better. 

This rumour makes sense given he signed a contract extension so soon before that game. It's such a shame, because he's a really competent keeper; I would say he's better than Hladky and Alnwick. 

I hope there's a reconciliation, but unfortunately I cannot see it happening now that things have gone this far. 

I spoke to a guy from Middlesbrough on the phone a wee while ago, after Hemming's arrival was announced and, after discovering he was a fan of the club, I asked him about Zach Hemming. He said he'd never heard of him and he was surprised, as he said the club were desperate for a decent keeper. Make of that what you will. 

53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Talk of Carson possibly joining a Scottish rival, and Div pointing out the clubs who just fixed up other keepers, got me thinking. I wonder if any of those BoDs and managers had a discussion, and the discussion went ‘Carson at St Mirren could be available, but he’s available because he chucked the toys out the pram over an end of season Sevco game, let’s forget about him’.

Good point.

A 35 year old 'keeper behaving like a spoiled  child isn't a good look.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

I wouldn't be letting TC go for free. He's contracted for another 2 years- if he wants away, then it should only be if someone pays.

I’m sure the Board would not stand in his way if Carson asks to buy out the remainder of his contract.  Having the ‘free agent’ tag would help him attract interest fro other clubs down South. 
Do it Trevor, you know it makes sense. 

15 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I’m sure the Board would not stand in his way if Carson asks to buy out the remainder of his contract.  Having the ‘free agent’ tag would help him attract interest fro other clubs down South. 
Do it Trevor, you know it makes sense. 

I have often wondered if the players read any of the forums. Surely, some of them must do? I wonder what they make of BAWA. 🤣

We all know most players that turn out for Saints grew up supporting other teams - and in Scotland that normally means one of the ugly sisters.

So I don’t think any of us has a problem with Saints players having such allegiances. 

However if he’s decided he wants to leave the club because he was dropped for a meaningless game against Rangers that his staunch family turned up to cheer on our opponents, well, I don’t WANT this fixed.  

I want him gone and in a way that damages the club least. 

33 minutes ago, Drooper said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8219282de91e0e09b166a2a6ec59d916.jpeg

This is how the BBC 'Gossip' section has chosen to characterise the Carson story in the Record.

WTF?!

I'm not sure if Chinese Whispers is considered the correct term these days, but you know what I mean by that, and the combination of the Record and the BBC, two outfits known to somehow gloss over fact and write what they want, the former being the far bigger offender imo, then I feel that's a fairly mild deviation from the truth. Still pretty shitty though.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Losing Carson and Joe makes our defence a lot more vulnerable. Carson is a very good keeper and Joe was our most consistent CD.  Gallagher is now the best we have and I hope his fitness problems are over. Not a great fan of Dunne as he is generally ok but his mistakes are usually big and often cost us. Same with Fraser but maybe less so. Taylor could come good and with the number of midfielders we now have I would think Gogic may be playing more often in defence. But I would prefer Carson and Joe to be in there.

Totally agree and whilst Taylor is a decent player his positional play is poor at times and requires serious improvement. As for the goalie an absolutely crucial position and for me we need to make sure this is an area we cover well. 

17 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Totally agree and whilst Taylor is a decent player his positional play is poor at times and requires serious improvement. As for the goalie an absolutely crucial position and for me we need to make sure this is an area we cover well. 

I think Taylor will eventually bring us in decent money. The club will coach him to improve. Our model is very much bring in a rough diamond and polish it before selling for a decent fee. 

Olusanya may be the exception 

2 hours ago, Kempes said:

Now that McCrorie has asked to move on from Sevco, after learning he still won’t be getting a game, maybe Trevor could take his place. I’m sure  his family would be very loyal supporters, even if TC is just carrying the hampers and sitting in the stand.

Aye - his staunch family can watch him not getting a game again 

27 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I think Taylor will eventually bring us in decent money. The club will coach him to improve. Our model is very much bring in a rough diamond and polish it before selling for a decent fee. 

Olusanya may be the exception 

I've been really surprised by Taylor. He's looked decent every time he's played and will continue to improve. Signing a guy from the Irish second tier I was convinced he was going to be utter shite. Shows what I know.

As for Olusanya, there's still time for him to come good. If he doesn't, then fine, we're going to make bad signings at times. So far Robinson has a pretty good hit rate.