The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Make Saints Great Again said:

The only way I would be happy with Kayode is if it was a permanent deal

Could well be, if it is him, as he's only got 12 months of his deal left at Rotherham.

I'm purely speculating it's him, I could be well off.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I mean you're lying about not being as pessimistic about as season in years.

You're fucking pessimistic every single season and tip us to go down.

That's an absolute load of bollix.

Appreciate it's not been a thrilling close season to date but I also think some folk are in danger of losing the plot.

If you look at the team that beat Celtic back in September, 9 of those who started that game are still at the club. Only Ethan and Main have left.

Now Carson and Baccus may well go on to leave but they are still our players at the moment.

We're going through a transition with the squad, players are coming in who are going to take a wee bit time to get up to speed, and we're obviously still missing that left back and we have the goalkeeper situation to fix, but other than that we aren't exactly at deaths door here.

Let the recruitment run it's course, let the new players come in and get up to speed, then let's see where we are.

Hemming was dropped after this 4-0 defeat away to Dundee United in November

It really doesn’t look like Hemming is hugely at fault for the goals?

First 2 are long balls over the defence that they failed to deal with. First goal into the corner, second is a rebound after Hemming makes a good save.

Third goal is a brilliant free kick into the corner (Carson conceded a free kick into the corner up at Aberdeen didn’t he?)

Fourth goal is direct result of Killie losing possession in their own half and the strike is into the corner

These goals don’t scream keeper’s fault to me?

I’m others will disagree though and pin the blame all on Hemming! 

27 minutes ago, elvis said:

I've not felt this much dread going into a season in years there's absolutely nothing to be optimistic about .

That for me is a relief. I'd be petrified if you were more positive... phewhhhoooo

9 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Could we be about to bring in McGeady. Injured player ticks a box in the description by Robbo. 

No thanks. We really don’t need overpaid guys at the end of their career who are permanently injured. 

7 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

First 2 are long balls over the defence that they failed to deal with. First goal into the corner, second is a rebound after Hemming makes a good save.

Third goal is a brilliant free kick into the corner (Carson conceded a free kick into the corner up at Aberdeen didn’t he?)

Fourth goal is direct result of Killie losing possession in their own half and the strike is into the corner

Also, the first goal took a deflection off the Killie defenders heel .     

9 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

^^^ this. I'm not saying I think he's the real deal or that he will be anywhere as good as Carson, but the Killie defence and midfield were culpable in every goal there.

The 2nd one should have been pushed away better but striker gets to it before a Killie player.

3rd one doesn't look great but keepers won't stop everything.

16 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Fair play to him, one last chance to make some big money. At least he’s not joined a rival. 

Of course I wish the lad well . Having been in India it's not a place I would want to take a family to. But that's a personal opinion on A foreign player can earn average £3,500 a week stay out the UK then it becomes tax free.