The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

26 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

That is some mess Alan Wardrop has got himself into.

I read the story, saw Livingstone Brown were representing both men in the case, saw the photo of Alan Wardrop looking sad while wearing a shirt sponsored by Digby Brown, and immediately agreed with your assessment in your post.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m stunned Elvis hasn’t contributed to The Smiths puns by saying we’re going Nowhere Fast. 

Elvis doesn't strike me as the sort of person who is melancholy enough to listen to The Smiths.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So I need to ask.

Does this striker we agreed a deal with a week ago and who would be putting pen to paper early this week, actually exist?

Unless he's flying back from America over the weekend...:lol:

Striker in a coma, I know, I know it's serious.....

The Wardrop case is going to be an interesting one. As far as I can see he didn't actually say anything that was untrue, just blew it all spectacularly out of proportion.

Guess we will find out in court.

55 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Losing strain would be a major blow. We rely heavily on his assists. He is the best player at the club. 

I expect both Strain and Baccus to leave before the window shuts. 

Without wishing to be an Elvis impersonator, is that happens we're in deep 💩.

20 minutes ago, Div said:

The Wardrop case is going to be an interesting one. As far as I can see he didn't actually say anything that was untrue, just blew it all spectacularly out of proportion.

Guess we will find out in court.

And if he didn't say anything that was untrue, Gillespie and McMillan will lose their action. First Wardrop overreacts, now the Kibble directors do. All deeply unedifying.

I hope we aren't paying legal costs.

20 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And if he didn't say anything that was untrue, Gillespie and McMillan will lose their action. 

There might be some solicitors out there who will know better than me but....

There's been an interim interdict issued to AW informing him not to repeat his allegations so you would have to assume that there was some evidence presented at court today by the directors' lawyer which backs up the defamation claim. Hence the "delight" of JG and MMac.