The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Right who we booing and getting on the back of after that?

I'll start fucking Nahmani should have got a hattrick, useless. Don't start me on Hemming, a clean sheet? Got to do better.

I was at the Arbroath game last season and came away frustrated but not overly concerned. Felt we should have taken them then. Im in highlands this weekend so couldnt make the game but given last week I expected another one or two goal affair either way today.

Chuffed we've made easy work on a game we know from previous experience is a banana skin and two new lads have got confidence boosting goals.

Only dampener is that hopefully Kiltie and Strain are OK. 

Arbroath were shite, they were more interested in wrestling than trying to play any football.

But we stood up to that and thoroughly deserved our 4 goal victory. Only criticism is that we could've been a bit more clinical and scored 7 or 8.

Strain limping off is a concern, it looked a pretty innocuous foul. Hope he hasn't twisted his ankle or something. 

Special mention to the referee, nice to see it's not just players that need to get up to speed at this time of year. I genuinely think he left his cards in the dressing room in the first half. There were 2 or 3 pretty poor fouls with no card, first two fouls of the second half - two bookings.

Edited by houston_bud

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Great chance for Mandron, Boyd-Munce and Olusyana. A start at home in a must win game. Let’s see how they do. 

all with good pass marks for me, remembering of course this is Arbroath, but looks like my views on the two front men were a match for our Elvis's positivity, very early days but will be more than pleased to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Robinson is right the squad defently looks stronger than last season . 16 year old Sutherland did not look out of place. I believe we will see more goals this season than last season. 

You believe Robinson over the knicker wetters on this thread?

Are you crazy? 😆

Both Kiltie and Strain with sore ones. 

Nahmani looks a player and boy can he finish. 

First real look at Mandron and he will be a resl asset if he stays fit. Robbo knows a player. 

My one worry is midfield. If Baccus stays then we are ok. However we lack a bit of strength in depth in midfield. I like Gogic and Boyd Munce but we need other options. Would love to get in someone like Lowrey of Rangers for example. 

I am also in favour of keeping Jamieson at the club. I like him as a player even as an option to bring off the bench. 

We look like unearthing a gem in Sutherland. This lad looks the part. 

Edited by AW saint

Yes Arbroath were poor but everything was miles better today. Tempo, fitness levels, decision making, structure. 

Nahmani was not just lightning quick but his composure was excellent. So happy big Mandron got a goal too, should hopefully boost his confidence in front of goal. 

Arbroath were utterly atrocious footballing wise. Were more about grappling than anything else. Really should have had more than 4. The change at the end to bring on Greive, Jamieson and Nahmani really upped the pace and was excellent. Difficult to tell how good we were given Arbroath's performance. Hopefully Strain and Kiltie are not badly hurt. 

Ref struggled the whole game and not sure how Balde the number 25 survived the 90mins I'll never know.   

No failures at all today. Hemming looked comfortable and the defence seem to have confidence in him.

My first sighting of Ethan Sutherland -is he really only 16 ? He looks a prospect. 

And Jamieson showed more today than I'd seen from him previously. Quite impressed by him, especially his pass for Nehmani's first goal.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No failures at all today. Hemming looked comfortable and the defence seem to have confidence in him.

My first sighting of Ethan Sutherland -is he really only 16 ? He looks a prospect. 

And Jamieson showed more today than I'd seen from him previously. Quite impressed by him, especially his pass for Nehmani's first goal.

Wasn’t it strain who played him thro 

Looking calm infront of goal. Quite an underrated quality, I think.

Nahmani had chances today, and he didn’t fidget. He didn’t panic and lash at it.  Took his time, side footed it.

No idea if he will score goals in the SPFL Premiership, but todays sub appearances bodes well.