The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I’m sure it’s the exact same striker as it was from the 1st interview, it’s obviously taken a lot longer than he thought, he said he was confident at the time but wouldn’t give names because of reasons like this, it’s not fallen as quickly as he expected but I still expect them to sign.

11 hours ago, Div said:

I believe they are being built in the old media room which is in the corridor to the right as you come up the main stairs.

The media room is being relocated to the 1877 club, taking up the space that was previously used for displaying memorabilia.

As such this doesn’t really affect the 1877 club in terms of available seating as there were no tables in that area but it will reduce the footprint of the club and that in turn will reduce its capacity per the safety certificate.

So is the display area to disappear completely ?  If so, it devalues the experience of visiting / membership of 1877 .

If the display is to be re-sited within the 1877 it will have to be in the kids area or within the seating area - again that would be devaluing the experience. 
I was an 1877 member but only for one season as I felt the set up coupled with how often I used it meant the cost f membership didn’t offer value for money , if the club eat into the space used by 1877 , that can only have a negative effect on how others view the facility ….in my opinion. 

I wouldn't say it's caused mass hysteria, perhaps mild confusion, but he's over egging the pudding to say the least.

“When I said that I wanted another striker it seems to have caused mass hysteria about who it is - and every one of them has been wrong!

Who is the "they" Robbo, because this is all of your own making here, bud. You made the decision, then made no further comment. Outwith the transfer window it would have created a certain amount of interest, but in the window and with other teams singing players too, it's all too obvious that people are going to talk about it. What else do you expect, you brought the subject up in the first place?

Not that I think this is in anyway a disconnect between Robinson and the fans, just us waiting on him sorting out what he needs to. If the striker doesn't materialise, fine, I honestly think we are stacked up front. Adding a striker or not really doesn't put me up or down at this point, we have cover and while our front two hardly fills me with goal scoring confidence, this is St Mirren who, let's face it, aren't a team that naturally scores lots of goals.

14 minutes ago, callum-g said:

So is the display area to disappear completely ?  If so, it devalues the experience of visiting / membership of 1877 .

If the display is to be re-sited within the 1877 it will have to be in the kids area or within the seating area - again that would be devaluing the experience. 
I was an 1877 member but only for one season as I felt the set up coupled with how often I used it meant the cost f membership didn’t offer value for money , if the club eat into the space used by 1877 , that can only have a negative effect on how others view the facility ….in my opinion. 

Part of the problem with the display area was that most if not all of the stuff there was owned by Alan. I assume he’s taken his stuff back for obvious reasons.

It won’t be part of the 1877 club going forward.

There is a new committee running the 1877 in conjunction with the football club so I’m hoping to see some long overdue investment in to it as it’s been sadly neglected since it opened.

The football club have been quite happy to take membership fees in each month, including throughout 18 months of COVID when nobody could use it, and they’ve given absolutely nothing back to those members.

Hopefully that will change in this brave new world we are in. If it doesn’t I suspect membership will dwindle and the place will eventually wind up becoming just another corporate lounge.

9 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I was down watching the kids tonight. Young Gallagher Lennon the outstanding player on the pitch for me. 
Sutherland is also a very good prospect along with Luke Kenny. 

After a poor first half they played better second half and were unlucky not to win it at the death, with a couple of good chances.

Agree , Lennon & Kenny looked the pick of the bunch . Kenny looks every inch a first team player and Lennon hopefully will follow suit .

While I agree young Sutherland is a good prospect, I thought he was missing from the game for long periods. His goal was a peach but he should have done better with his second effort a few minutes later.

Bolton strolled the match in the first half, Stav didn’t really get anything other than another 45 minutes game time .

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

I wouldn't say it's caused mass hysteria, perhaps mild confusion, but he's over egging the pudding to say the least.

“When I said that I wanted another striker it seems to have caused mass hysteria about who it is - and every one of them has been wrong!

Who is the "they" Robbo, because this is all of your own making here, bud. You made the decision, then made no further comment. 

Pretty sure he’s referring to the guesses as “them” here.

He’s wrong anyway, plenty folk have mentioned Josh Kayode and I’d put my mortgage on it being him.

5 minutes ago, Div said:

Part of the problem with the display area was that most if not all of the stuff there was owned by Alan. I assume he’s taken his stuff back for obvious reasons.

It won’t be part of the 1877 club going forward.

There is a new committee running the 1877 in conjunction with the football club so I’m hoping to see some long overdue investment in to it as it’s been sadly neglected since it opened.

The football club have been quite happy to take membership fees in each month, including throughout 18 months of COVID when nobody could use it, and they’ve given absolutely nothing back to those members.

Hopefully that will change in this brave new world we are in. If it doesn’t I suspect membership will dwindle and the place will eventually wind up becoming just another corporate lounge.

Be a pity to see it go ( if it does ) after all the good work to get it set up in the first place. I simply couldn’t justify the membership fee for what I got out of it but appreciate others will have a different view.

If it does end up as another corporate lounge, hopefully it is a sort of “Hospitality lite” as other clubs have done or an open bar for all fans , again as others have managed to do. 

Either way, I think the members, especially the founding members might feel aggrieved .

7 minutes ago, callum-g said:

Be a pity to see it go ( if it does ) after all the good work to get it set up in the first place. I simply couldn’t justify the membership fee for what I got out of it but appreciate others will have a different view.

If it does end up as another corporate lounge, hopefully it is a sort of “Hospitality lite” as other clubs have done or an open bar for all fans , again as others have managed to do. 

Either way, I think the members, especially the founding members might feel aggrieved .

The problem with the space is its limited capacity. It’s only got a safety certificate for 280 people, and I assume that will drop now that the size has reduced.

When you look at the nuts and bolts of it, it’s been a brilliant thing for the football club.

The founding members paid for it to be fitted out, and they contribute about £1.5K a month in recurring fees each month, for all 12 months of the year, so the club gets c£18K revenue before anyone sets foot in the place.

The members probably get to use it about 25-30 times a year, and the football club get to use it every other day, and they do make good use of it.

17 minutes ago, Div said:

He’s wrong anyway, plenty folk have mentioned Josh Kayode and I’d put my mortgage on it being him.

Kayode played 25 mins in a friendly at the weekend for Rotherham, his first game time in 9 months. So he’s back in action.

Noticed that Rotherham hope to sign another striker this week after a success trial. 

12 hours ago, Mac28 said:

Expected better from our defence but its boys vs men. Hope they can pull it back Nahmani should be banging them in.

I’m afraid that wasn’t the case , Rovers team had an average age of just over 20 years old.

Their oldest player was 23 and the two boys up front were both 17, including the 6ft 6 No:20 

15 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Kayode played 25 mins in a friendly at the weekend for Rotherham, his first game time in 9 months. So he’s back in action.

Noticed that Rotherham hope to sign another striker this week after a success trial. 

Yeah he ticks every single box.

Big, quick, young, returning from injury and highly rated enough that Rotherham will want to loan him at this stage rather than let him go permanently.

It will be a gamble since he’s been out for so long but he was very well thought of before his injury issues.

Rotherham almost certainly wanting to replace him before loaning him out is my guess, and that’s what the delay has been.

23 minutes ago, callum-g said:

Can't remember the last time I seen anyone drinking in that space. I have taken guests for a wee look but generally you never even see anyone looking at the memorabilia. Getting a train from Wemyss Bay the club for me is part of making going to the football a great day out. Teams read out by guests like former players and well Danny Lennon 🙂 Players popping in our manager also . 

56 minutes ago, Div said:

..but guesses from whom? Is he talking about the press, or the fans?

If it's the press, fair enough, we know they unreliable shits who would stab their mother for something to sell papers. If it's the fans, he shouldn't be using "them", it's dismissive. Not that I'm making a big deal of it, just loose language.

However if he's complaining it's the fans making suggestions, then it leads right into my point, he started the ball rolling and has kept pretty quiet since. I appreciate why he's being quiet, but you don't make an announcement of possible signings then complain when gossip builds.

For me, I feel he's painted himself into a corner here, he's gone early on the assumption this player was ready to join and it turns out he wasn't (at the time).

Edited by Ric

23 minutes ago, Div said:

Yeah he ticks every single box.

Big, quick, young, returning from injury and highly rated enough that Rotherham will want to loan him at this stage rather than let him go permanently.

It will be a gamble since he’s been out for so long but he was very well thought of before his injury issues.

Rotherham almost certainly wanting to replace him before loaning him out is my guess, and that’s what the delay has been.

If you look at Kayode’s Twitter feed, the Rotherham fans are all delighted at his return from injury on Saturday. They obviously rate him.

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The biggest positive about this is not that he's not coming to us, I've got no idea whether he'd be any good or not, no.. no.. no.. the positive is obviously that we won't have to put up with this p***k bumping his gums about how our clubs is run...

Spoiler

b3rZcDw.jpg