The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Roger Waters is bringing out a “new” redux version on 6th October. Although going by the pre release Money I don’t think you’ll be pleased to hear the album in full. 🙉 

Sounds like he's been smoking 50 a day for the intervening 50 years to get that rasp. 

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Red and black striped Clanford, red and blue hoops, all black Jack Ross league winning season...any others? (discounting the one-offs you mention above).

ETA...just remembered the white Kelvin Homes.

And the "Dortmund yellow" kit.

We also played away in Europe against Slavia Prague in this blue number. Not sure if that is what you guys were referring to.

IMG_3618.thumb.jpeg.81c40ee022200ffb15738b671b0cf43f.jpeg

Let’s not forget the “special edition” away at Cappielow in 99/00 season. 🤮 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a standard kit designer app.

Strange that it's been accepted as Macron did specify it would have to be built via their creator app.

I’m not a fan of any of the options. I’d have enjoyed a Tribute to Hugh Murray 1997/98 away or a neon yellow something different. I really liked the Kelvin Homes white kit of 1990 .I understand we have had blue before but I genuinely cannot believe we might go with another red kit which is pretty boring 

In terms of the 3rd kit we should have went even wilder than we did. So for that it's 2 or 4 for me. Appeal to the kids asking for it on their Xmas lists!

Option 1 is too close to what we should be doing as an away kit for next season to be lost on a third kit that won't be used. 

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Maybe there's more then!

Off top of my head:

White Kelvin Homes (1990)
Blue Matchwinner (1991) one off
Black and Red Clanford (1995)
Morton away top (2000) :lol: 
Red Hummel (2007) only as we clashed with Killie, don't even think it was released.
Black and Red Hummel (2010) definitely wasn't released.
Red and Blue hoops (2012)
Red with black stripe (2013) this was the year the Dortmund top was the away.
Black paisley pattern with red trim Cabrini (2016)
All black 140th kit (2017)

So I make that 6 that have made it to release, 2 of which were commemorative for 135th and 140th years.

3 that were for one offs due to kit clashes.

And one bright yellow Morton top.

Beat me to it. The all red Hummel kit in 2007 was a great strip.

Not convinced the 2016 Carbrini kit was a third kit, I'm certain it was the away top. Probably felt like a third kit as it didn't actually come out in the shops until November. I'm sure it was a plain red top, the one we wore against Hibs on the final day of the season, (a more basic version of the previous season's away kit), that was the third strip that season.

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

Anyone know why the Motherwell cup game isn’t being shown on St Mirren TV? It’s saying audio only but the group games were live so not sure what changed.

There are no broadcasting cameras at the ground, the SLO tweeted out info about the game and that's what was stated about PPV.

5 hours ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

Not convinced the 2016 Carbrini kit was a third kit, I'm certain it was the away top. Probably felt like a third kit as it didn't actually come out in the shops until November. I'm sure it was a plain red top, the one we wore against Hibs on the final day of the season, (a more basic version of the previous season's away kit), that was the third strip that season.

That sounds right, I know we definitely had three thst season. Maybe the red in 2016 wasn't released either?

Think technically the white LDV strip we had the season after we came down in 2001 was a third strip too but we used the previous season's away too so not really classing it as a third as only two shirts were released that season. 

12 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Shoe horning politics of any kind into a football thread is utter cringe behaviour.

Nonsense answer, if it was the case you'd downvote everyone who mentioned it.

If you want to support a company that actively campaigns to the detriment of Scotland, you can do that all you want, but don't get all whiny when someone rightfully points that out.

In regard to the strips, where does that light blue "come from"? I remember, Christ it must be a 20 odd years back now, but we had a pale blue away strip. It's not a colour on the badge, and it's not what I would have considered 'our colour'.

Was it just randomly chosen, or is there a reason for using it? We don't seem to use it now.

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

In regard to the strips, where does that light blue "come from"? I remember, Christ it must be a 20 odd years back now, but we had a pale blue away strip. It's not a colour on the badge, and it's not what I would have considered 'our colour'.

Was it just randomly chosen, or is there a reason for using it? We don't seem to use it now.

St mirren, Paisley, Paisley scotland

41 minutes ago, btb said:

St mirren, Paisley, Paisley scotland

I'm talking about the sky blue. Motolov posted the dark blue strip a few posts back, and while it's a bit odd you can see where that blue comes from.

The light blue, not sure, unless it's just "we have blue, make it lighter".

I'll be honest, I'm glad we don't use blue, one of the worst colours for a football strip imo.

Edit to include the 2002 away top:

sco_st_mirren_2_0203.gif

Edited by Ric