The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I said as much at the game yesterday, the tackle by Paul McGinn on Ryan strain was a red card. 
Kettlewell has made a monumental c**t of himself with his interview after the game. 
Dunne clearly slips as goes to ground and crucially Collum saw the challenge pretty close up. 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I heard at the game yesterday that Campbell has been unwell again !

I sent him a message after reading this mate, he’s been in touch.

He’s absolutely fine, but not been back to the club since they dicked him around over wages.

2 hours ago, Div said:

Can’t see anything wrong with the Dunne challenge. Clearly got the ball.

McGinn’s looks far worse!

I thought that at the time. When I heard Kettlewell whinging on about it I thought my eyes were needing to be checked. Turns out that Kettlewell is just a bad loser. Wee bit disappointed in him. Apology incoming?

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

It looks like he's apologising and/or seeing if Strain is alright. He puts his hand out, then after the booking goes back and squats down beside Strain.

He knows it was a poor tackle. It's difficult to see just how bad it was from that angle. Can't see if it is high or studs showing. 

Fair enough - I’d maybe read it wrong 

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Is this a better period supporting the club than our 1st division wins. 

The players, support and management are so together. 

Our home form is outstanding. 

The squad is one of the best I have seen in ages. 

This season has the potential to be one we'll put in the memory books.

Player/fan/Manager relationship has been excellent since Oran Kearney arrived.

My only worry is that I can't see what to worry about!

15 hours ago, FTOF said:

You've hit the nail on the head.

Tonight just mirrors last weeks events.

Two teams whose supporters perceived "superiority" exudes in every post they make. At least Well have actually achieved something in the past few years, albeit not a cup success in sight. As for Dundee.... Need I say more? 

However, when they get their arses handed to them on a plate, and they get the piss ripped out of them, they adopt some sort of pathetic, precious persona.

Long may it last, as it provides excellent entertainment.:lol:

I didn't quite realise just how much finishing above us meant to them.

We better let them finish ahead of us this season or the will really spit the dummy out.

1 hour ago, btb said:

What happens after Robinson.

It could be a decade of glory like we had with TW, but you need to try and make sure your club has a plan for after and maybe fan ownership helps you put that pressure on. Presumably Foyle goes with Robinson, but your club will need the process for identifying players etc., to continue after they leave.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It could be a decade of glory like we had with TW, but you need to try and make sure your club has a plan for after and maybe fan ownership helps you put that pressure on. Presumably Foyle goes with Robinson, but your club will need the process for identifying players etc., to continue after they leave.

We were on an upward trajectory before Robinson. We've made progress season on season (Stubbs shambles aside) since we brought Jack Ross in.

That's not to say we couldn't hit the skids and find ourselves in the Championship in the near future, of course we could. A bad managerial appointment or losing too many key players at once could undo a lot of the good work.

Robinson came to us because we were a club in good shape. Whilst he has done very well and deserves a lot of credit, there's more to it than just him.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
5 hours ago, btb said:

It was meant to be tongue in cheek - I'm sure at some point in the season we'll hit a rough patch and see folks true colours shining thru, until then us real Saints just wanna have fun.

Edited by btb