The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Was there anything in the story about the boy Campbell having a fall out with someone at the academy, hence his departure happening quite  a while before he was announced at Burnley.

He was offered a full-time contract last summer I believe, and turned it down , so the writing was on the wall even then. At a Smisa meeting last season , I was told he was offski, and it wasn't very amicable !

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

He was offered a full-time contract last summer I believe, and turned it down , so the writing was on the wall even then. At a Smisa meeting last season , I was told he was offski, and it wasn't very amicable !

Rumours were going about regarding him not being happy at way he'd been coached one way all through youth levels (playing ball out, passing it on deck, patient build up) then hitting U18 level and being coached to route one shell it.

I can't see that being the case though as if the U18s are being coached to play like that they are literally the only team at the club who are being asked to play that way. There's clearly something there though as the U18s too an absolute doing last season. Will see if anything changes this season on that front now that Webster's away and Brian Kerr has replaced him.

9 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Has there been any update on Mark O’Hara’s injury?

It's a judgement call. Think he's fit, will he start or get a stint at some point?

Even if he's not played this week, sounds like he'll be playing soon.  👏

Very detailed minutes put out by SMISA this morning. Some of the key points:

3664 season tickets sold at the end of August.

SMISA has £324K in the bank and 1221 members.

The new scoreboard and LED advertising boards arrived at the club last week.

Work on 3 executive rooms in the main stand to start imminently at a cost of £70-80K. Will pay for themselves within 18 months then start making profit.

The club's income for June/July was well up on the same period last year.

4 candidates were interviewed for Gordon Scott's position on the board. Preferred candidate to be announced shortly.

Alan Wardrop's stadium ban will likely be lifted once he removes his threat of legal action against the club.

Club not considering safe standing areas at the moment.

What’s a result that is btw.

Once again the resilience of this side shines through, Motherwell are a right good side and based on how they played today not many teams will turn them over on their patch.

We weren’t great, but thought that was more down to how they played. Thought Ohara was poor / didn’t look sharp today but he must have made 2 or 3 vital challenges in their final third in the last few minutes of the games when he must have covered some Amount of ground to get to it - the guy is a machine and turning into one of my favourite captains in my lifetime!

Hemming looked really assured today - think he’s going to be a really solid signing for us this season!

‘I’m not a liar, the league table doesn’t lie, believe me, just look. Don’t believe what you read, what you hear, what they try to tell you. It’s all lies… St Mirren are second top, St Mirren are sexy, and I’m not lying. Seriously. I swear. Second top. Have a look. I’d shag St Mirren, they’re so sexy, but it would be completely consensual. Honest.’

22ED480B-43DA-48FA-9975-A6CC4291BAB0.jpeg