The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

33 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He does keep himself in good shape to be fair, but I can't imagine he'll get offered much more than that anywhere.

I think the reason he went to India was because no one offered him a long enough contract here, so why not head out there for a bit of a bump in wages? It's a shame for him that it hasn't worked out.

Imagine not being good enough for Indian football.think he scored 1 goal.

12 minutes ago, elvis said:

Imagine not being good enough for Indian football.think he scored 1 goal.

Yeah, he's certainly not set the heather alight. I've got no idea about the standard of Indian football though. It must be such a massive change though, and with his family still in Scotland he maybe just never settled.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

He does keep himself in good shape to be fair, but I can't imagine he'll get offered much more than that anywhere.

I think the reason he went to India was because no one offered him a long enough contract here, so why not head out there for a bit of a bump in wages? It's a shame for him that it hasn't worked out.

At his age and the form he left us in, it was probably his last chance to coin in serious money. I'm not sure how accurate online sources are, though one is estimating around 3.5k a week in India. Thats most likely an average wage for the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs up here.

His family seem to be settled up here, so it seems the only sensible option on the table to return even though he has a commute from Renfrewshire.

8 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

I think Scott Burns reported we weren't in the mix for him. 

Scott Burns mentioned that we had been working hard to get another player in and that player wasn't Main . I wonder if the other player was the guy from Celtic or have we been chasing another player for the last few weeks . 

4 hours ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

Darryl Duffy was class in India.

Darryl Duffy was not class for St Mirren.

Bet you forgot Darryl Duffy played for St Mirren.

I saw Darryl Duffy play and score for Largs earlier this season against Pollok. 
He scored more goals in 10 mins in that game than he did his entire St Mirren ‘career’

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Scott Burns mentioned that we had been working hard to get another player in and that player wasn't Main . I wonder if the other player was the guy from Celtic or have we been chasing another player for the last few weeks . 

Since Robinson took charge, guessing our next signing has been a mug's game. I'm honestly struggling to think of many of Robinson's incomers that I had ever heard of before seeing the 'scarf above the head' photo. 

What I would say about Main, is that since leaving us he's played about half a dozen games. Whilst he'll no doubt be in brilliant shape, there's no guarantee he'll be up to speed for playing games in our league. 

I'd have liked to have seen him back and I'd rather he wasn't signing for a direct rival, but there's a chance that we'll see the Curtis Main from his first season with us, rather than the one we saw bullying defenders last season.