The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Apparently so. Whilst the window is open you just dont know if anyone else will leave or someone comes in. 

I'd say that if Brown comes in, we're definitely in someone leaving territory before we can bring someone else in.

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd say that if Brown comes in, we're definitely in someone leaving territory before we can bring someone else in.

I think that makes sense not only in terms of finances, but also in having too many players in the squad who will have less chance of playing. I could see us bringing in a creative playmaker but I think we would have to reduce the number of strikers in the squad if that is the case.

Was anyone at the Q&A with the manager last night?

Apparently we have 2 players on PCA for next season and will announce them after the window closes. 

Few out of contract players offered new deals as well. 

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm honestly not sure who we could/would move out at this point. Unless Stav is away. Everyone else seems important and is of a decent enough quality.

Charles Dunne is the only one that I would think is even a possibility who would want more game time. I know he splits opinion but I think he's a really good back up option. 

5 hours ago, AW saint said:

Apparently Robbo is still looking to bring in one other player 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

In a perfect world I think we need another attacking midfielder. A wee Conor Ronan type would be good.

Lowry... you already heard about it from me.🥲

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm honestly not sure who we could/would move out at this point. Unless Stav is away. Everyone else seems important and is of a decent enough quality.

I'd say that perhaps Dunne, Olusanya or Stav would be the most likely candidates if that was the case.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Apparently we have 2 players on PCA for next season and will announce them after the window closes. 

Based on absolutely nothing other than a hunch, but I have a feeling one of the two will be Jacob Bedeau.

He was the undoubted top target in the summer defensively and apparently wanted to sign for us but Morecambe weren't willing to budge on the fee they wanted, so I get the feeling he'll have been top of Robinson's wishlist.

Get the impression that we have decided to sit it on the backburner for a year and it will go ahead as planned.

Was anyone at the Q&A with the manager last night?

Few out of contract players offered new deals as well. 

Is he counting Scott or 2 as well as him?

If it wasn't for the fact injury has caused him to retire, I would have bet money on Steven Davis being one of those PCAs.

3 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Odds on surely that one of the PCAs will be a first choice goalkeeper? Finding one for next season would have been made a priority 6 months ago. Possibly could be Hemming but he is under contract with Boro until 2026. 

I hopeful we can hold on to Hemming, he's unlikely to be playing for Middlesbrough next season and has been playing well here. 

It would be good to extend his loan, or if possible bring him in permanently. I wonder if Middlesbrough would accept a sell on as the transfer fee?

18 hours ago, Ric said:

"and the 25-year-old is expected to go straight into Stephen Robinson’s first-team for their weekend clash with Rangers"

There is no chance anyone is coming into the squad and replacing Scott Tanser, unless he's injured.

I took that line to be the only way they could crib the word Rangers into the tweet they made about the potential signing.

A bit like the other day when the Record tweeted about "former Rangers hero Duncan Ferguson shovelling snow off the Inverness Caley Thistle pitch"

Absolute fucking melts.