The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

31 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Rangers now scouting Ethan Sutherland. Hope we can get decent money for him. 

Good news if true.

I love the smell of a bidding war in the morning.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shitebag.

I'm guessing you're just choosing to ignore the part where he clearly says 'European place is the aim' whilst tempering things a bit and easing off on the anxiety of his squad.

Or you reckon as a man-manager, he'd be better served saying 'Europe or bust, if bust then they can all GTF' and really add to the stress?

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm guessing you're just choosing to ignore the part where he clearly says 'European place is the aim' whilst tempering things a bit and easing off on the anxiety of his squad.

Or you reckon as a man-manager, he'd be better served saying 'Europe or bust, if bust then they can all GTF' and really add to the stress?

The bit in bold italics is the job of the West Bank and Gentleman’s Pavilion, certainly not the St Mirren management.

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Who is your first bottom-six opponent? 

Do you genuinely think I'm jealous of you being in the top half?

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If your squad is struggling to cope with "anxiety" over finishing 5th then I'd be concerned massively by that.

Managers in the top six should be brave and baws oot to achieve the most they possibly can. Settling for 6th as fine when there's literally nothing to lose is pathetic.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If your squad is struggling to cope with "anxiety" over finishing 5th then I'd be concerned massively by that.

Managers in the top six should be brave and baws oot to achieve the most they possibly can. Settling for 6th as fine when there's literally nothing to lose is pathetic.

And he says a European place is still the aim. Nowhere in the interview has he said he's settling for sixth, you've just conjured that up in your head.

Seems like you just decided that rather than say nothing, it was easier to have a pop at a complete non-issue.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

And he says a European place is still the aim. Nowhere in the interview has he said he's settling for sixth, you've just conjured that up in your head.

Seems like you just decided that rather than say nothing, it was easier to have a pop at a complete non-issue.

It's Randomguy.

6 hours ago, Nutmeg Richard said:

Were any of you at Love Street for the Feyenoord match in 1983? Johann Cruyff would have turned 77 today. 

Andrew McInnes was one of many who packed into the old place that night to witness a legend — and see the beginnings of a new one.

Here's his memories from Nutmeg 24: When Johann Cruyff landed on Love Street

I was at that game - Ruud Gullitt scored for Feyenoord.

I'm quite sure I remember the Feyenoord fans in the old Main Stand at Love Street.

Edited by paul wright scores
Predictive Text

6 hours ago, Nutmeg Richard said:

Were any of you at Love Street for the Feyenoord match in 1983? Johann Cruyff would have turned 77 today. 

Andrew McInnes was one of many who packed into the old place that night to witness a legend — and see the beginnings of a new one.

I've mentioned this on here before but I actually spoke to Cruyff after the game. The conversation went:

Johan Cruyff: Your page is wet.

Me (turning page): Can you sign there then?

Johan Cruyff: No

@NoordFey on Twitter was there as well.

image.png.132825f96f2babba0b6829512c9c9017.png

On 24/04/2024 at 14:27, Torfason said:

Great point on the Motherwell thread, given Killie's form and the lack of contribution from KVV, it looks more like they signed him to stop him going to us rather than really wanting him in their team. 

He has an ongoing back issue. You probably dodged a bullet missing out.

11 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Need some St Johnstone or Motherwell fans on here to come and drop the facts about St Mirren's finances, IMO.

not tellin you anything but asking. What's the set up at St Mirren with this charity callin' the shots etc? 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

not tellin you anything but asking. What's the set up at St Mirren with this charity callin' the shots etc? 

They don't.

On 25/04/2024 at 14:28, Nutmeg Richard said:

Yup.  Home and away. Travelled on the Grahams bus. 

15 pence from Linwood to the Cross if memory serves 

Edited by Doonhame Buddie