The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, medals said:

Robbo has offered improved deals to the Aussies too...

It may be a long shot but I doubt too many fans would hate it if either one or both stayed...

Cue the there is no way replies...

Would love both players to sign new deals. Strain is key to our attacking play. 

If you offered me Kwon over Baccus I would take Kwon however I would be splitting hairs. Keanu has a goal in him

I am hoping that clubs are wary of Strain struggle to last 90 mins, and decide to give him a miss. 

Staying with us for an other season might not be the worst decision he could make. 

54 minutes ago, medals said:

Robbo has offered improved deals to the Aussies too...

It may be a long shot but I doubt too many fans would hate it if either one or both stayed...

Cue the there is no way replies...

Robinson has quite literally said that there's pretty much no way and that certain players have indicated they won't be taking up the improved offers on the table as the club has stretched as far as it can go.

Everyone knew this was Strain and Baccus. We all hoped it wasn't Gogic as well which is now proven to be the case.

I'd say unless there is a major change of heart from either of the Aussie lads, its close to 100% that neither will be here next season.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Robinson has quite literally said that there's pretty much no way and that certain players have indicated they won't be taking up the improved offers on the table as the club has stretched as far as it can go.

Everyone knew this was Strain and Baccus. We all hoped it wasn't Gogic as well which is now proven to be the case.

I'd say unless there is a major change of heart from either of the Aussie lads, its close to 100% that neither will be here next season.

Nothing is certain until it is... I'll wait till the fat lady sings, although that surely can't be politically correct these days.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

It would appear that all the loan players are back at the club training with the exception of Grieve. He is in Spain. Fair to say he won't be back

Kenny, Lennon, Offord and Taylor have been training with the team all season. They’ve only been part time at  their clubs and trained with us the other 3 days of the week.

12 hours ago, SS77 said:

Kenny, Lennon, Offord and Taylor have been training with the team all season. They’ve only been part time at  their clubs and trained with us the other 3 days of the week.

As has Sutherland.

13 hours ago, SS77 said:

Thing is they are all back with the club but Greive is away in Spain. 

12 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Thing is they are all back with the club but Greive is away in Spain. 

They’ve never been away, they’ve been training with the club for the entire season.

I don't know if its been announced anywhere or that, but Kofi Balmer has turned you down.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't know if its been announced anywhere or that, but Kofi Balmer has turned you down.

No big deal. Other irons in the fire

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did we get as far as making an offer to him? Think Palace had turned down our initial offer.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Did we get as far as making an offer to him? Think Palace had turned down our initial offer.

Apparently so.

No wonder Bolton was upset. Fraser should have been hooked for Taylor. 

We really need to stop the side ways nonsense and get the ball forward. 

I hope we can cancel the Scott deal. He offers feck all. 

Can we get a player who can win a ball in the air. Mandron couldn't win a header all day. 

43 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Can we get a player who can win a ball in the air. Mandron couldn't win a header all day. 

Bolton was injured nursing a knock to his knee, he stopped a couple of times, up til then he was having a good game.  

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Mandron has had a great season and been linked with better clubs than us. 

As for Scott - surely after seeing the turnarounds in players such as Main, Erhahon, Olusanya, Taylor, CBM etc it’s best not write guys off after a handful of appearances?

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

Mandron has had a great season and been linked with better clubs than us. 

As for Scott - surely after seeing the turnarounds in players such as Main, Erhahon, Olusanya, Taylor, CBM etc it’s best not write guys off after a handful of appearances?

Each player you mentioned I could at least see a player. Scott on the other hand I struggle to see him making it. Bookmark this and show me if I turn out to be wrong. I hope I am and you are free to gloat. 

I don't know who wrote Taylor off???

As for Mandron I like him but boy do I wish he could win a ball in the air. 

24 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Each player you mentioned I could at least see a player. Scott on the other hand I struggle to see him making it. Bookmark this and show me if I turn out to be wrong. I hope I am and you are free to gloat. 

I don't know who wrote Taylor off???

The lad is only 23 and already has a £1.5M move in his career. He has struggled with injuries and lost confidence but to say the boy is not a player is ridiculous. 

40 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Aye, no chance he'd outmuscle the Rangers defence to score a header from 14 yards. I know someone did that recently for us, but it couldn't have been Mandron.