The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Hope the club finds a fair way to allocate away tickets so that those who go to all games home and away aren't disadvantaged. Difficult I know but I'm already aware of some people who hardly attend a home match wanting to travel. I'll be mighty upset if some of them go and I don't 

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

If we had drawn Brann or Hacken, we'd have struggled to get through. Iceland, if we could get enough tickets, would be ideal as its only two and a half hours and flights go from Glasgow. The logistics of getting to Albania would be very difficult, flight to London, then to Montenegro, then a train and the same back again, probably not doable for many unless the club charters a flight.

If the club doesn’t/ won’t, then maybe it’s something SMISA could/ should do.

A lot of people ask what SMISA are for now that the club has been bought and they’ve been looking for ways to engage new members, maybe this is the sort of thing that would help.  

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Initially I favoured a Welsh or Irish team for ease of travel and maybe easier to get past (maybe being the operative word). Changed my mind though, happy that we’ve got a ‘proper’ European draw and not (no disrespect) a Welsh or Irish mob. Just reading the recent posts about getting to Albania, something funny (well, in my mind anyway!) popped into my head… I wonder if there’s any Albanian or Icelandic fans glued to the internet today, texting their mates… ‘Aye, St Mirren. Fcuk knows mate, some Scottish jobbers. How the fcuk do we get there? Hold on, I’m Googling these kunts… oh, right…fly into a big international airport and walk to the ground. Fcuking easyyyy! Intae’ thum!’

… in Icelandic or Albanian speak, obviously.

Whats Icelandic or Albanian for “can we get 2 stands”

7 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

If the club doesn’t/ won’t, then maybe it’s something SMISA could/ should do.

A lot of people ask what SMISA are for now that the club has been bought and they’ve been looking for ways to engage new members, maybe this is the sort of thing that would help.  

The problem is such awfully short notice. We've essentially got 4 or 5 days to organise anything. 

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

How did you get there? From what i can see the nearest airport is Tirana which is 3 hours away.

29 coach loads of Scotland fans left from Mother Teresa Square in Tirana..

All organised by fellow Saints fan Davy Provan.

Doesn't look that difficult to get to Albania. There's multiple airports across Europe with a short layover on the way out, and a direct flight back from Tirana to Edinburgh on the Friday morning. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The problem is such awfully short notice. We've essentially got 4 or 5 days to organise anything. 

Well, not really. Charter a plane, only the destination will change. 

25 minutes ago, Road Dogg said:

Doesn't look that difficult to get to Albania. There's multiple airports across Europe with a short layover on the way out, and a direct flight back from Tirana to Edinburgh on the Friday morning. 

If you miss the flight back, sure they are plenty of Albanian that will sort out a boat trip for you to get back into the UK  🤔

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fucking hell 😂😂

Notice that he chose to disrespect Tanser rather than Rooney. Wonder why eh? Maybe Rooney knows who RandomGuy is!

4 hours ago, Oldchap said:

Hope the club finds a fair way to allocate away tickets so that those who go to all games home and away aren't disadvantaged. Difficult I know but I'm already aware of some people who hardly attend a home match wanting to travel. I'll be mighty upset if some of them go and I don't 

I’d imagine it will come down to a ballot of season ticket holders as we don’t have a points system etc in place, at least we don’t as far as I know. They only take a note of your name when buying away tickets from my experience.

Edit: similar to the covid set up when we first got back to games and had to leave a ridiculous amount of seats in between. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

Does anyone seriously think that if we're playing the Albanian team that anyone that wants to go won't get a ticket?

Really really hope it is them; despite having been to Albania and never been to Iceland.

The latter sounds expensive and boring, the former, cheap and mental!

8 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Whats Icelandic or Albanian for “can we get 2 stands”

Mund të marrim dy stenda     (Albanian)

Getum við fengið tvo bása     (Icelandic)

8 hours ago, Kempes said:

Notice that he chose to disrespect Tanser rather than Rooney. Wonder why eh? Maybe Rooney knows who RandomGuy is!

The joke wouldn't work with Rooney.

9 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I for one Cannae wait to abuse the big ugly c**t next season. 

Surely he'd be a shoe-in for a St Johnstone Hall of Fame/Farm?

Trying to think of any St Mirren cup winners who'd get dog's abuse. Graham Carey is respected; even Gowser wasn't hounded.

Maybe Lee Mair but that's because he's a Herbalife-shagging grifter. I doubt he'd have been booed while still a player.

(I'm not saying you shouldn't abuse him, btw: crack on. He'd probably enjoy it.)

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

(I'm not saying you shouldn't abuse him, btw: crack on. He'd probably enjoy it.)

This.

Levein said he'd be more disappointed if Hearts fans didn't give him abuse before we played at Tynecastle last season, and think Rooney is same type of character. 

34 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Surely he'd be a shoe-in for a St Johnstone Hall of Fame/Farm?

Trying to think of any St Mirren cup winners who'd get dog's abuse. Graham Carey is respected; even Gowser wasn't hounded.

Maybe Lee Mair but that's because he's a Herbalife-shagging grifter. I doubt he'd have been booed while still a player.

Oh I will abuse him and abuse him well, he's an opponent now so deserves everything he gets no matter what he did in a Saints top. He'll take it as banter though as he's up for a bit of that. He's also guaranteed for a sending off at McDiarmid, especially if he's having a shite game. Goes a bit mental when things don't go his way.