The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Flights to Reykavik are really easy but very expensive, direct flights from Glasgow, you can get one flying out Wed afternoon and back Friday afternoon.

Albania is much trickier but there is a flight to Tirana from Glasgow, changing at Paris, on Wednesday morning, with a return flight on Friday afternoon changing at London.

I'm hoping Valur get through as I'd prefer Iceland to Albania, even if tickets are harder to come by and it will hit the wallet harder, plus it means we can boo Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Not just a change of plane in Paris,  a change of airport!!!

Screenshot_20240704_175630_Skyscanner.jpg

3 minutes ago, Buddy Love said:

Bolton away to Fleetwood Town confirmed on Facebook.

Also on their website

Fleetwood Town are delighted to announce the signing of experienced defender James Bolton from Scottish Premiership side St Mirren for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old joins the Cod Army on a two-year deal, keeping him at the Club until the summer of 2026.

5 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Ditto our group and going whether we get tickets via the "official" channel or not. That really only is an issue for Iceland imo, zero issue getting a ticket in Albania given their capacity v support.

Do you know what the average home support is for the Albanian ? 

Tried to find it myself but failed.

6 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

This only goes to 2020 but gives you a feel for the league, well below us with more than double the capacity 

ETA figs for 22/23 suggest they averaged under 2k for league games in a 16k plus capacity stadium 

Screenshot_20240704-183623_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Billy Jean King

11 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

8,000 , fairly new stadium at a cost of Euro 17 Million .  Have won a good few Albanian cups second largest team in Albania. I expect this will be the team we will meet. 

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

8,000 , fairly new stadium at a cost of Euro 17 Million .  Have won a good few Albanian cups second largest team in Albania. I expect this will be the team we will meet. 

Your figures are a bit higher than from Bill Jean King. 

Don't think it would matter anyway, sure all saints fans that want to go will get a ticket. 

Just now, tam the bud said:

Your figures are a bit higher than from Bill Jean King. 

Don't think it would matter anyway, sure all saints fans that want to go will get a ticket. 

They average around 4,000-5,000.

Their tie vs Linfield last season attracted a crowd of 6,000 and their stadium holds 15,000. There's no chance we're not all getting tickets for Albania.

Are we moving again?  Renfrewshire Live reporting we are taking on a groundskeeper apprentice and,

The role will see the trainee help the grounds team maintain the pristine condition of the football pitch and support general site maintenance at Love Street.

Or maybe this is just a community support thing to keep the gardens at the new houses tidy. 

Seeing SMISA members have received an email telling them that they will get a percentage of whatever away allocations we get to ballot between members, club keeping that one quiet. Can't see many people defending that including SMISA members.