The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

21 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Mate of mine was passing the ground so went in to ask about re-newing his car park pass as (as is usual) we haven’t heard anything, and the pre-season friendlies are fast approaching. He was told that the passes weren’t ready for sale, won’t be ready for sale in time for the Fleetwood & Carlisle games, and parking would be ‘pay at the gate’ for both games. I’ve got a car park pass too, I thought these were season long passes. Surely they should be out and available for the entire home season.

Usual administrative incompetence at the club. We seem to have a CEO who can come out with groundbreaking policy statements which mean very little but can't get day to day running correct.  Exactly the behaviour that has cost Conservatives and SNP the election 

Hello Samaritans how can I help?

Well..... the parking passes are fecked up, the English don't know where Paisley is, the ballot for tickets is a carve up and the weather is shite. 

Imagine supporting a club who have not come off their best season in decades 😀

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Common sense prevails.

SMISA are a shambles. I’m stunned the guys on their board thought that was a good idea.

Posted (edited)

Good.

Can we just forget about insignificant off field pish and concentrate on actual football matters.

Some people get angry about the most minor things.

Edited by FTOF

Anyway.......

I really liked Conor McCarthy when he was with us.

However, he's had a serious injury and he is susceptible to losing concentration at crucial points in the game.

Would he be an upgrade on Bolton?

34 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Good.

Can we just forget about insignificant off field pish and concentrate on actual football matters.

Some people get angry about the most minor things.

Yeah, I think every football club has issues from time to time with "I'm a better fan because blah blah blah so I should get blah blah blah." We've got into that petty stuff over the European tickets.

Anyway, some short memories when it comes to what SMISA has done and is doing for SMFC. Also, if the number of SMISA members is to increase, for the good of SMFC, then there probably will have to be some more perks thrown in.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Hello Samaritans how can I help?

Well..... the parking passes are fecked up, the English don't know where Paisley is, the ballot for tickets is a carve up and the weather is shite. 

Imagine supporting a club who have not come off their best season in decades 😀

Steady on Mr Gunni…. I was having a go at Fleetwood United FC from Essex. 😎

3 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The "boys" being those who have quietly put £12/month into St Mirren for the best part of a decade now (on top of season tickets, etc), helping the club improve on and off the park.

Yeah, disgusting!

Exactly. People who sat on the sidelines and were happy to leave it to chance that we wouldn't be bought by a Claude anelka type, moaning at people who stood up, have paid their money to ensure that didn't happen, getting a chance of a wee perk. Excuse me if I just ignore their whining.

21 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Exactly. People who sat on the sidelines and were happy to leave it to chance that we wouldn't be bought by a Claude anelka type, moaning at people who stood up, have paid their money to ensure that didn't happen, getting a chance of a wee perk. Excuse me if I just ignore their whining.

In which case the two ballots should have been:

- SMiSA member and season ticket holder

versus

- SMiSA member or season ticket holder

That would have been fairer but again SMiSA membership should be advertised as a queue skip for tickets, as the season ticket is advertised as front of the queue for cup games & away games with limited availability. Not introduced solely for a high interest game with very limited availability. I’d have no problem if it was applied across the board. Tickets are surely a club matter and not really something for SMiSA to concern themselves with.

Anyway, much-ado about nothing and when the ballot is conducted will no doubt cause many more gripes.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyone worked out what that random tweet was from yesterday?

So the car is a South Korean Stinger...

Any South Koreans come to mind? Kwon perhaps

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Steady on Mr Gunni…. I was having a go at Fleetwood United FC from Essex. 😎

Don't worry Paul, it won't be long till your Detroit Broncos are playing 😛

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyone worked out what that random tweet was from yesterday?

My best guess is as the car is driving away it’s the new away strip launch 

If the 5pm announcement is the launch of an away strip, which has been teased by a 16 second video of a Kia car meant to signify being ‘on the road’, then come on, that’s naff’. I just want a strip with climalite technology and underarm mesh panels to allow me movement that inspires.