The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, weebud said:

That is almost a blasphemy, what other airline provides you with Tunnocks Caramel Wafers....that's almost worth the fare alone!!

We're flying Edinburgh-Bergen via Sumburgh on Wednesday and directly home from Bergen to Edinburgh on the Saturday, Loganair obviously.

I’m doing the same, except returning on the Sunday flight. Missed the Iceland trip, so I’m going all out on this one 😃 COYS

1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

Club taking the piss by putting the prices up again. Could lose a lot of goodwill from the fans. 

I disagree. It's a question of supply and demand and we sold out our entire home allocation. £32 is not a lot for European football, IMHO. I think we'll sell out again.

We took advantage of the airline offering free cancellation within 24 hours so got the Aberdeen to Bergen direct flights on Wednesday to Saturday ahead of last night's game. 

The videos of Brann's game last night make it look like there'll be some atmosphere when we're there! Bergen also looks a beautiful place! Buzzing! 🐝

1 hour ago, saintmurn said:

For the non-season ticket holders, even if we sell our allocation, similar to what they offered ahead of the Brann v Go Ahead Eagles game, I reckon Brann will offer a service where you can contact them in advance saying you want a ticket then turn up at the ground on the day of the game and they'll let you buy a ticket next to the away section. 

Your allocation will be around 750. 

Brann will most likely try to avoid the Go Ahead-incident and cancel the transaction quick if an adress from the UK buys a ticket in the home section. They realized it too late vs Go Ahead and gave them a small section in the family stand. Their plan was to cancel all tickets bought from Holland.

Edited by RagaRocker

44 minutes ago, AberdeenBud said:

Looking like Aberdeen>Stavanger>Bergen for me.  Out Wednesday AM back Friday PM. 

Nae cheap(£350) but this doesn't happen too often.  Air BnB not too bad at least.  Just about exhausted all domestic goodwill and financial resources on fitbaw following this summer! 🫣😆🐼🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You done better than me with price. That was around the price from Glasgow to Bergen up till last week via a stop in Amsterdam.

I've paid around £150ish on my route.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not against an extra few quid for momentous events such as this. It’s a great opportunity for our club to make a much needed extra few thousand.

Dundee Utd charging £32 for the Dundee derby. Now THAT is taking the piss. 

They had already put them up, so up every time we win a round is ok by you ?

Club already making a large amount of money so no need to shaft their fans as well.

As for Utd, nothing to do with us. 

Just now, tam the bud said:

They had already put them up, so up every time we win a round is ok by you ?

Club already making a large amount of money so no need to shaft their fans as well.

As for Utd, nothing to do with us. 

Each to their own opinion mate, but I genuinely think you’ll find yourself in the minority on this one. 
I guess the attendance will determine if the club has “lost the goodwill of the fans”.

38 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I disagree. It's a question of supply and demand and we sold out our entire home allocation. £32 is not a lot for European football, IMHO. I think we'll sell out again.

I disagree, it was around £17 in Iceland and as Saints supporter, what would we know about prices for European football  🤣

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Each to their own opinion mate, but I genuinely think you’ll find yourself in the minority on this one. 
I guess the attendance will determine if the club has “lost the goodwill of the fans”.

Fans will pay it so the crowd won't be any different i reckon. 

Either the fans agree or not, is an other matter. 

Certainly not an minority of 1 since they were plenty complaining at the ground today, when my mate was down getting ours. 

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I just can't quite get my head around people complaining when it's the first time in 37 years we've qualified for Europe. From a business perspective it would almost be remiss of the club not to try and make a bit of hay while the sun is shining, these times don't come round too often.

42 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Fans will pay it so the crowd won't be any different i reckon. 

Either the fans agree or not, is an other matter. 

Certainly not an minority of 1 since they were plenty complaining at the ground today, when my mate was down getting ours. 

Absolutely my last point on this pal because it clearly is the most obvious example of “each to their own” and I’m not trying to deny you your opinion, but you talked about the club “losing the goodwill of the fans”.

The point I am making, is that if the club loses the goodwill of any fan, then by definition they will not buy a ticket. 

3 hours ago, tam the bud said:

Club taking the piss by putting the prices up again. Could lose a lot of goodwill from the fans. 

If an increase of £3 (£2 for concessions) to see St Mirren play far better opposition than we faced last night feels like somebody has just pissed on your chips, you really will hate it when we reach the League stages of this competition.

Shull #2.

Brann website -

https://www.brann.no/nyheter/billett-informasjon-conference-league-kampene-mot-st-mirren

I’m guessing the thrust of this amounts to -

We’re playing St Mirren. They are near Glasgow. Their stadium is the SMiSA stadium. It holds approximately 8000. Tickets will cost this. Brann ST holders can apply for tickets by…. Blah, blah de blah. Ticket details will be… blah blah de blah.

My Norwegian is brilliant, eh? 😜

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If an increase of £3 (£2 for concessions) to see St Mirren play far better opposition than we faced last night feels like somebody has just pissed on your chips, you really will hate it when we reach the League stages of this competition.

Shull #2.

Have you seen the price of chips these days , I won’t be letting anybody piss on mine.

Following an SPFL hearing this morning (Friday 2nd August), the club was found guilty of fielding an unregistered player in the SPFL Trust Trophy match between Berwick Rangers and St Mirren B. As a result, Berwick Rangers have been awarded a 3-0 victory and will progress to the second round of the SPFL Trust Trophy.

Crap.