The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Shouldn't have B teams in that competition so pleased we have found a novel way to protest.

Although it does have me hoping everyone was registered last night.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Absolutely my last point on this pal because it clearly is the most obvious example of “each to their own” and I’m not trying to deny you your opinion, but you talked about the club “losing the goodwill of the fans”.

The point I am making, is that if the club loses the goodwill of any fan, then by definition they will not buy a ticket. 

Your last comment is a fair one  

I don’t mind £29 or £32 for the European games - last night was the best ever atmosphere and feelgood factor in the new midden, but I won’t be paying £50 for a polyester T Shirt. I think if there’s any pricing criticism to be made, then it’s in regard to the price of the black training T Shirts. Fifty quid? Come on.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If an increase of £3 (£2 for concessions) to see St Mirren play far better opposition than we faced last night feels like somebody has just pissed on your chips, you really will hate it when we reach the League stages of this competition.

Shull #2.

Your big pal Tommy was moaning about it today when in the queue for his ticket  😂

2 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Your big pal Tommy was moaning about it today when in the queue for his ticket  😂

Wow, that's a shockeroony.

He never usually moans about anything.  :whistle

Another thing I felt last night was that the feelgood factor was real, and had genuine substance. Like many of us, I’ve sat through the long winless runs at home, and the shitfests. Racking up week after week expecting nothing bar a defeat. Last night did not feel like a flash in the pan, or a team on a three or four good game run - it absolutely felt like an entire club on the up, and not built on shifting sands. Built on solid progress and a plan. It guarantees us nothing of course, Hibs could beat us, as could Brann, but I don’t think we’re going away, I don’t think we’re about to disappear up our own arse.

Edited by pozbaird

18 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Seen a guy outside with a Bullseye contestant's moustache and wearing the 80s 'bib' strip. Not sure if he was deliberately or just accidentally cosplaying Tony Fitzpatrick.

i seen him in langs 

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Another thing I felt last night was that the feelgood factor was real, and had genuine substance. Like many of us, I’ve sat through the long winless runs at home, and the shitfests. Racking up week after week expecting nothing bar a defeat. Last night did not feel like a flash in the pan, or a team on a three or four good game run - it absolutely felt like an entire club on the up, and not built on shifting sands. Built on solid progress and a plan. It guarantees us nothing of course, Hibs could beat us, as could Brann, but I don’t think we’re going away, I don’t think we’re about to disappear up our own arse.

Was thinking about this last night after I saw our former Chairman leaving the ground before the final whistle.

St Mirren pre- and post- the Gordon Scott/SMISA takeover might as well be different football clubs. From 6th in the Championship and an average attendance of 3500 to European football and 4100 season ticket holders. The rise has actually been pretty incredible. No doubt there will be ebb and flow, some poorer seasons, not so great managers but, as you say, the foundations look really solid for continued success. It's brilliant.

26 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Was thinking about this last night after I saw our former Chairman leaving the ground before the final whistle.

St Mirren pre- and post- the Gordon Scott/SMISA takeover might as well be different football clubs. From 6th in the Championship and an average attendance of 3500 to European football and 4100 season ticket holders. The rise has actually been pretty incredible. No doubt there will be ebb and flow, some poorer seasons, not so great managers but, as you say, the foundations look really solid for continued success. It's brilliant.

The huge number of younger fans now attending our home games is particularly encouraging. These kids are our club's future. If a half-decent percentage of these youngsters stay with the club into adulthood we could be guaranteed 4-5 thousand STH every season.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The huge number of younger fans now attending our home games is particularly encouraging. These kids are our club's future. If a half-decent percentage of these youngsters stay with the club into adulthood we could be guaranteed 4-5 thousand STH every season.

Totally agree. Not down to luck either. The club came up with a plan: ramp up entertainment for kids pre-match, hand out free tickets to youngsters, get the players out to schools. Results on the park have helped of course, but all that stuff is paying off big time.

Can someone in authority please decide whether the Euro chat should be here or over in the Scots in Euro section. The latter seems mostly to be fans of other teams posting. Thank you in advance.

Edited by jimmy boo

5 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Can someone in authority please decide whether the Euro chat should be here or over in the Scots in Euro section. The latter seems mostly to be fans of other teams posting. Thank you in advance.

Dundee team found 😛

7 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Is it worth moving for just the two games?