The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I genuinely don't remember the stand being split that day.

It does raise the qustion though, if it was possible then for one set of fans to have one section and the other fans to have the rest, why can't that be done on Thursday?

The home fans occupied a section of N5 with segregation banner draped over the middle seats, as can be seen in the picture posted!

The fans entered and exited via the trackside gate nearest the corner and used facilities in main stand, again via trackside gate, and all marshaled be stewards! All paper tickets back then, so was easy!

If catering truck and good quality portaloos were put in the corner, this could be done for small travelling supports for the group stages 😉🤔   🍔🥧🧃🧻🧻🧻🪣🪣🪣

It would allow N3 and perhaps some or all of N4 to be released for home fans, with all the facilities available!

12 hours ago, RagaRocker said:

The Brann fan club Paisley away t-shirt. Only on sale for Brann fans in Paisley on Thursday. They made one for Deventer away as well.

20240806_214523.jpg

Can I ask what the boat is? 

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Can I ask what the boat is? 

Did a bit of detective work and I believe it is the Cutty Sark. A cutty sark was a tight fitting women's undershirt. As Burns wrote... Her cutty sark o' Paisley than. Thanks while a lassie she had worn. In longitude tho' sorely scanty. It was her best and she was vantie. 

Just now, madmitch said:

Did a bit of detective work and I believe it is the Cutty Sark. A cutty sark was a tight fitting women's undershirt. As Burns wrote... Her cutty sark o' Paisley than. Thanks while a lassie she had worn. In longitude tho' sorely scanty. It was her best and she was vantie. 

Sorry autocorrect should read Paisley harn. Guessing that refers to the thread..

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow Brann will be a completely different animal to Value . I expect a big physical team who can play. Came second in the Norwegian league last season and sitting second again this season half way through their season. However we look not too bad ourselves and won't be pushed around . Can't wait.

4 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I’m guessing that’s Nessie too? Why does Scotland Yard not get a mention though? 

Any ideas on what the Paisley patterned horse represents?  Think we need the artist on here to explain.

1 hour ago, RagaRocker said:

The Brann squad travelling today.

1 Mathias Lønne Dyngeland
12 Martin Børsheim
36 Eirik Holmen Johansen
3 Fredrik Pallesen Knudsen
5 Sakarias Opsahl
6 Japhet Sery Larsen
7 Magnus Warming
8 Felix Horn Myhre
9 Niklas Castro
10 Emil Kornvig
11 Bård Finne
14 Ulrik Mathisen
16 Ole Didrik Blomberg
17 Joachim Soltvedt
18 Sander Kartum
20 Aune Heggebø
21 Ruben Kristiansen
23 Thore Pedersen
26 Eivind Helland
27 Mads Sande
43 Rasmus Holten

Sery Larsen (CB) is probably not fit to play. Soltvedt (LB) struggling with his ankle. Kristiansen (CB/LB) struggling with a strain.

Injuries:

Crone (RB), Hellan (RB), Torsvik (LB), Wassberg (MDF), Simba (winger). Crone is the regular RB and Hellan is his backup.

I’m not a fan of the Brann No7, but I might come around to him.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m not a fan of the Brann No7, but I might come around to him.

Just hope their No. 9 isn’t smoking cigars…

Edited by Kempes

15 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow Brann will be a completely different animal to Value . I expect a big physical team who can play. Came second in the Norwegian league last season and sitting second again this season half way through their season. However we look not too bad ourselves and won't be pushed around . Can't wait.

The Icelandic team were clearly the perfect fit for a stadium built with Tesco money.

15 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Brann is not a very physical team and I think they fear your corner kicks.

No players taller than 190cm and most of them around 180 and quite technically skilled players in mdf and attack.

They definitely prefer the ball on the ground, open games with two attacking teams and they want to start their buildup from the goalie. They do also prefer as high tempo as possible and keep it that way, but Euro away is a bit different though.

I had the website open on two browsers from 12:30pm and been refreshing every few minutes. They appeared on chrome at 1301 and i bought it, when i refreshed on edge at 1302 they appeared as sold out.

Either website crashed again or they had a very small amount available online and rest in ticket office.