The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

You still managed to get seats in the west stand, denying your wee brother his rightful place.:P

My Wee Brother would gladly give up his seats for us far travelled Inversnecky Buddies….😂⚽

Always going to be massively difficult when the demand has clearly significantly outstripped the supply.

Think we have a perfect storm where the first game was so expensive, and we initially got hardly any tickets, so a lot of folk didnt bother going to Iceland, gambling that we would get a second go at it.

Norway is/was much cheaper to get to, even if it's going to be just as expensive to stay and party there, but there's a lot of "fuck it, I'm not missing another one".

I reckon based on what happened today we could easy have sold twice as many tickets no problem.

Without any sort of loyalty point system, the likes of which we have never needed before, there really was no easy option for the club today.

Seson ticket holders getting first dibs was really all that they could offer. I guess they could have done a ballot but the ballot for Iceland was a bit of a disaster when all said and done, it didn't really work particularly well, especially as folk couldn't apply in groups.

The only criticism I could level at the club today is that they should have communicated better that the tickets were being split 50/50 between online and offline sales. That way folk could have made a decision about how they wanted to approach it.

As it is the online sale lasted about 5 minutes tops.

It's all been a learning curve for everyone at the club.

4 hours ago, Silvio said:

I've just used my vpn to get onto the ticket site to get the hospitality tickets but there are big warnings that St Mirren fans will not be refunded. Suppose it just depends if you're willing to risk £100 a ticket.

I sat in the home end in Oslo when Scotland played back in the day and it was fine, but different circumstances here. 

Plenty of time to perfect your Norwegian accent 🙂 I can't imagine they'll be a problem if some Saints fans end up in the hospitality. Might be worth a punt for people that have already shelled out for flights etc

Edited by mcginns

48 minutes ago, Div said:

The only criticism I could level at the club today is that they should have communicated better that the tickets were being split 50/50 between online and offline sales. That way folk could have made a decision about how they wanted to approach it.

plenty people took the on and offline option as quite a few left the queue just after 1pm 

Easy the Mirren. Intae’ this Brann mob. Beat them and offski we go…

A baw’ hair away from China… 73 hours? My arse. 83 hours due to the M8 at Charing Cross. COYS.

56FF8FB3-FB7E-4AA2-AB7C-4F6CF65DCE20.jpeg

1 hour ago, Div said:

Always going to be massively difficult when the demand has clearly significantly outstripped the supply.

Think we have a perfect storm where the first game was so expensive, and we initially got hardly any tickets, so a lot of folk didnt bother going to Iceland, gambling that we would get a second go at it.

Norway is/was much cheaper to get to, even if it's going to be just as expensive to stay and party there, but there's a lot of "f**k it, I'm not missing another one".

I reckon based on what happened today we could easy have sold twice as many tickets no problem.

Without any sort of loyalty point system, the likes of which we have never needed before, there really was no easy option for the club today.

Seson ticket holders getting first dibs was really all that they could offer. I guess they could have done a ballot but the ballot for Iceland was a bit of a disaster when all said and done, it didn't really work particularly well, especially as folk couldn't apply in groups.

I agree with all of that Div but the club's learning curve cost them the square root of hee-haw…..I know of people who are out of pocket to the tune of £2k that haven’t managed to get a ticket but would have happily queued at the ground early this morning if they knew of the 50/50 split.

i can’t quite fathom why they didn’t go all in for ticket office or all in for online. 

I have, and will continue to defend the club during this Euro adventure whether that may be collapsing servers or £32 home game ticket pricing. That said I could absolutely understand anyone that feels more than a little let down by poor communication which is something that is a regular bugbear of many supporters.

4 minutes ago, weebud said:

I agree with all of that Div but the club's learning curve cost them the square root of hee-haw…..I know of people who are out of pocket to the tune of £2k that haven’t managed to get a ticket but would have happily queued at the ground early this morning if they knew of the 50/50 split.

i can’t quite fathom why they didn’t go all in for ticket office or all in for online. 

I have, and will continue to defend the club during this Euro adventure whether that may be collapsing servers or £32 home game ticket pricing. That said I could absolutely understand anyone that feels more than a little let down by poor communication which is something that is a regular bugbear of many supporters.

it would be unfair to people who can’t access online to be online only and it would have been unfair to people working to make it ticket office only

i think the split was the fairest solution 

Like a lot of Saints fans I live a fair distance from Paisley (Dumfries) but I would gladly have joined the queue at Greenhill Road if “in person” had been the only option.  

Hopefully the next round will be easier for all of us. 

13 minutes ago, weebud said:

2k ? Are they flying 1st class and staying for a week ?

How to watch

The match will be live in the UK and internationally (excluding Norway) on ppv.stmirren.com only at a cost of £12.99. Click HERE to buy now. 

Former St Mirren goalkeeper Campbell Money will join Gordon McColm on commentary. Campbell played in eight European matches for Saints during the 1980s and was part of our 1987 Scottish Cup winning side. 

If you have never used the PPV before, please register a username and password. St Mirren TV login details will not work on the PPV platform. 

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

2k ? Are they flying 1st class and staying for a week ?

Nope, it’s a guy and his two daughters flying in on Wednesday evening and back out on Saturday

18 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

it would be unfair to people who can’t access online to be online only and it would have been unfair to people working to make it ticket office only

i think the split was the fairest solution 

Im not convinced but even with that why not tell folk🤷‍♂️

Big loss losing O'Hara for a few weeks. He was superb prior to getting injured. 

He is getting a poor rub of the green with injuries. 

We have decent cover but can't really afford any more injuries in midfield

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Big loss losing O'Hara for a few weeks. He was superb prior to getting injured. 

He is getting a poor rub of the green with injuries. 

We have decent cover but can't really afford any more injuries in midfield

Thank god we signed Adeniran. He looks like a tailor made replacement. 

29 minutes ago, SelkirkSaint said:

Tickets for tomorrow now available online for the north stand.

I thought they'd all been sold?! 

I saw on Twitter that this mob's squad is comparable to Hearts' in terms of value and ranking according to the clubs' coefficient:

So basically, it will be a tough game tomorrow, but we can realistically win this tie. I wonder whether the wet conditions will favour us more?