The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

This Blockhead guy is trying so very, very hard. Painful to watch tbh.

Its like, I don't know. Is he secretly in love? You know how young boys are about expressing their true feelings. Next he's probably going to call us ugly. Blocky if you are watching the Andrew Tait approach to love never works. Real men are not afraid of their feelings 

Edited by Insaintee

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Does anyone remember that tetragrammaton moron? Clingy f**ker, thick as mince, thought he was hilarious, was in our threads more than his own, celebrated our losses more than their own wins.

Only forum user I've ever had to block. Really not sure why he's popped into my head now. 🤷‍♂️

Gammy was so easy to wind up and always came back for more😂

1 hour ago, btb said:

Telling admission putting "step up" in inverted commas.

Yeah it was joke based on your Aberdeen man's comments tbh.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah it was joke based on your Aberdeen man's comments tbh.

Fortunes rise and fall - I'm counting on you hanging onto Craig Levein and Cammy (?) MacPherson.

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Lots hope there is no European hangover on Sunday. 

We will of course be down on energy but hope we can give Utd an exit from the cup. 

Presumably these LC matches have to be settled on the day. Extra time would be unwelcome.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Presumably these LC matches have to be settled on the day. Extra time would be unwelcome.

I know we're not in a position to have a throwaway fixture, especially in a cup competition but if there ever was a game we can afford to squad rotate heavily,  it will be Sunday. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I know we're not in a position to have a throwaway fixture, especially in a cup competition but if there ever was a game we can afford to squad rotate heavily,  it will be Sunday. 

Got to play the strongest possible team with a view to getting into the quarter final of a competition we have won in recent times, and gives us a lifetime of memories. Rotate the squad for the Celtic game. Rest every kunt if Robbo’ wants to, take the hit and move on. IMHO, he added, for safety.

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Got to play the strongest possible team with a view to getting into the quarter final of a competition we have won in recent times, and gives us a lifetime of memories. Rotate the squad for the Celtic game. Rest every kunt if Robbo’ wants to, take the hit and move on. IMHO, he added, for safety.

Spot on. If our top 11 is fit then start them. 

Celtic is a free hit. Play the youths for experience. We need to rest players but we also need to win a cup tie. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Sunday represents a chance for us to progress in one of the two competitions we have an outside chance of winning. I don’t think the manager will make a huge amount of changes but O Hara returning if fit would be a boost 

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Exactly.  We’re not going to win the league (losing out on goal difference probably), but we can win the League Cup.  Need to try to win on Sunday. 

After Sunday we also have a week off before the Celtic game then settling into the usual routine. I think he'll go for it. The only thing I think might happen is he won't further risk anyone who played injured on Thursday, so maybe no Gogic.

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Totally agree. Some of the mood music from Robbo recently has been about being careful to avoid injuries etc but we need to start with the strongest team available.

He hasn't been shy in using the subs bench and we've got options to change things when required.

Although we went out we just went toe to toe with a decent team ...the bar has been set now so we should be able to cope with Utd.

I notice that we can access tomorrow's game through premier sports online streaming.

I have Premier sports as a Virgin media package add on, which allows me to access Premier Sports 1 + 2 channels. That's no use, as naturally one of the bigot brothers has been chosen for tomorrow's TV game.

I don't have a log in for Premier sports website.

Is there any way I can access the online streaming without paying or is it a separate entity to its TV package?

I know it's so passé to still have a VM/SKY subscription, but that's where I am.

I have e-mailed Premier Sports but I don't expect an answer before tomorrow's match?

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I notice that we can access tomorrow's game through premier sports online streaming.

I have Premier sports as a Virgin media package add on, which allows me to access Premier Sports 1 + 2 channels. That's no use, as naturally one of the bigot brothers has been chosen for tomorrow's TV game.

I don't have a log in for Premier sports website.

Is there any way I can access the online streaming without paying or is it a separate entity to its TV package?

I know it's so passé to still have a VM/SKY subscription, but that's where I am.

I have e-mailed Premier Sports but I don't expect an answer before tomorrow's match?

If you have X, send them a tweet or whatever its called these days.