The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Nah, not really at this point. For all we know he might have been about the ground yesterday and getting photos etc done then.

2 hours ago, medals said:

He's not been in Scotland for the signing but must have an agreement in place. Probably sorting things out in Holland 1st. No doubt the scarf pic will appear soon.

Yeah I wasn't suggesting there was anything untoward. Just that it was unusual.

International break probably gives us a needed break. However, probably also helps our upcoming opponents in killie and hearts who haven’t been on a good run. 

Do we think we are going to stick with 5-3-2 or now move back to 5-2-3 ?

Edited by zildjian

8 hours ago, zildjian said:

International break probably gives us a needed break. However, probably also helps our upcoming opponents in killie and hearts who haven’t been on a good run. 

Do we think we are going to stick with 5-3-2 or now move back to 5-2-3 ?

Do we have the personnel at the moment to go 5-2-3?

I think the signing of KVV and our large collection of central midfielders means we will be sticking with 5-3-2 for the foreseeable.

I personally don’t like this formation as it makes us too narrow in defence and gives us no attacking width. I just hope SR can make it work.

Wasn't the whole shtick that van Veen scored a fair amount of his goals as a front pairing and that Mandron worked well with him at Motherwell.

If that is the case, I don't see us changing formation.

35 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Where’s the Van Veen scarf shot, and is he any good?

Someone gie’s a heads up, when he’s shopping in Linwood.

The players are on either a break or international duty. I expect we will get a scarf shot when everyone reports back. 

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Where’s the Van Veen scarf shot, and is he any good?

Someone gie’s a heads up, when he’s shopping in Linwood.

The big man has just posted on his instagram stories a few videos of him on a flight. GLA bound.

@Arch Stanton Further to what we talked about last week - Dynamic Pricing for OF fans ( Fuck 'em)  wanting to attend Saints games at GHR I see Valencia are intending to introduce DP for their home games!

Edited by btb