The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, Fifespud said:

What is this a loss making exercise for you? Highly laudable Div.

It was for the first 5 years of running the site, and it would be again if everyone used ad-blockers.

As it is, it now pays for my rock and roll lifestyle, but that's besides the point. This wee fucker is using an ad-blocker and he needs telt.

Just now, Div said:

It was for the first 5 years of running the site, and it would be again if everyone used ad-blockers.

As it is, it now pays for my rock and roll lifestyle, but that's besides the point. This wee fucker is using an ad-blocker and he needs telt.

I didn't mind the ads until they made the site practically unusable over the Christmas period.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Rather pleasing that we have beat Dundee to his signature though, Jimmy Mac was desperate to land him, very pleasing indeed.

Tansey announced shortly and expect another tomorrow afternoon.

Things are heating up nicely.

Romanian, Slovakian or Irish tomorrow?

Presumably it’s the number of hits the site gets that attracts the advertisers. Like him or loath him, Ludo is a regular poster and he, and others like him are a big part of the success. Without posters P and B wouldn’t exist. He maybe uses an adblocker but my point is he contributes.

FWIW I agree with Ludo that it’s unwise for someone in your position to get into public spats with St Mirren players or indeed individual P and B contributors, but clearly you make your own decisions.

I won’t be making any resignation statements, tear stained or otherwise, nor sending my season ticket back.

P and B is a fantastic addition to Scottish football and I fully understand the need for it to operate profitably so the best of luck in that regard.

I mainly use the IOS version and the adverts are non existent. Get an iPhone Ludo!

A reason to ban if ever I’ve heard one. No loss, a dull fantasist.

If the Greg Tansey of a few years ago shows up Saints have got a great player. In the 14/15 season he was smashing for us and had been for a good while. Really good sitting as the 2 with Draper in a 4-2-3-1. Draper broke up play, Tansey recycled the ball through the midfield and got forward (with Draper) to support attacks. He's not the best at the defensive side of the game but he's not awful at it just better at passing and keeping play ticking over. Took a decent set piece as well and bagged a few goals from free kicks over the years. Sadly his downward spiral for us began when Aberdeen were sniffing about and his final 18 months at ICT fizzled out with a bit of a whimper. His form for the final six months of 15/16 was poor and, like everyone in the team, nosedived under Foran. It was puzzling to see McInnes still go for him after a very "meh" 18 months of football and we all know how his Aberdeen move panned out. McInnes clearly never fancied him pretty much as soon as he arrived.

Edited by RiG

15 minutes ago, Div said:

He’s the only one using an ad blocker who is boasting about it and telling me to f**k off.

Wasn't aware you were running the show. On my phone the eBay ad total fucks the site until I leave and come back. Anywhere on the screen takes you to eBay even the X.

Just so you knew. (Did post a ticket but no reply :thumbsdown)

Wasn't aware you were running the show. On my phone the eBay ad total fucks the site until I leave and come back. Anywhere on the screen takes you to eBay even the X.
Just so you knew. (Did post a ticket but no reply :thumbsdown)

Ta. I’ll report to the ad boys. There are no open support tickets on the system, how did you log it?!

1 hour ago, Div said:

Ta. I’ll report to the ad boys. There are no open support tickets on the system, how did you log it?!

Just realised I used the contact us link at the bottom and it sends like a message. Went to the wrong place. My bad.

The ad circles the while screen. You can scroll but can't use any link as when you tap the screen you go to eBay. Same happens when you tap X on the ad.

As I said the only way to get around it for me is to leave and come back. It's only that as it has happened with and not sure if it's relevant but I'm on a Huawei P20 (android pie - EMUI 9) .

32 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Just realised I used the contact us link at the bottom and it sends like a message. Went to the wrong place. My bad.

The ad circles the while screen. You can scroll but can't use any link as when you tap the screen you go to eBay. Same happens when you tap X on the ad.

As I said the only way to get around it for me is to leave and come back. It's only that as it has happened with and not sure if it's relevant but I'm on a Huawei P20 (android pie - EMUI 9) .

That's fine, I will sort, thanks for reporting!

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Tansey was linked with us. Not sure if it's a bullet dodged or not. Mind you. It wouldn't be hard to better what we have just now.

Any diddy club hoping to bring in talent in January (or, let's face it, any time) is going to be looking at players who haven't had the best time of it recently. Saints have made a big deal about doing transfers the right way after the catastrofuck that was Alan Stubbs and Darren Jackson, so I'm reasonably confident he'll be able to prove his fitness and do a job for us.