The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Players we still have (at the moment:lol:)

GK

Rodgers

Def

Hodson; P.McGinn; Baird; Ferdinand; Kpekwa; Eckersley; MacKenzie.

Midfield

S.McGinn: Magennis; Smith; Erhahon; Tansey; MacPherson; Flynn: Kellerman.

Forwards

Mullen; Cooke; Jackson

Have I missed anyone out?

I still class Breadner and Jamieson as U-20's.

Still a few to clear out yet.

Edited by FTOF

Thanks for the response anyway; appreciated. I'm sensing we'll be ok with Lyons, but Kellerman might be stuck unless, as you say, there's a work-around. I'm actually surprised the EU hasn't got more to say on this: you'd think a person would be able to change jobs/employers as much as they wish.
a player can sign for and be employed by as many clubs as they want in a season but only 2 clubs can register them in a season to play. EU cant do anything about that

5 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:
Thanks for the response anyway; appreciated. I'm sensing we'll be ok with Lyons, but Kellerman might be stuck unless, as you say, there's a work-around. I'm actually surprised the EU hasn't got more to say on this: you'd think a person would be able to change jobs/employers as much as they wish.

a player can sign for and be employed by as many clubs as they want in a season but only 2 clubs can register them in a season to play. EU cant do anything about that

Ah, ok.

I hope there's no limit to how many shite players a club can release in a single transfer window :lol: I'd be staggered if Scottish football has ever seen a club do what we're doing in a January window.

53 minutes ago, Div said:

More departures imminent, taking us in to double figures for the month.

Next batch includes Dean Lyness.

Glad to see us clearing the decks. This should of happened pre season. If you look at who is left we could easily move on another 8

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ah, ok.

I hope there's no limit to how many shite players a club can release in a single transfer window :lol: I'd be staggered if Scottish football has ever seen a club do what we're doing in a January window.

It's only two years since the 10 in, 10 out window. I don't think we will see 10 arrivals this month but we could easy smash our record on the departure board.

Could easy be another 5 to go with Kpekawa, Flynn, Rogers and Eckersley all on shoogly pegs and Smith looking a cert to go.

4 minutes ago, Div said:

It's only two years since the 10 in, 10 out window. I don't think we will see 10 arrivals this month but we could easy smash our record on the departure board.

Could easy be another 5 to go with Kpekawa, Flynn, Rogers and Eckersley all on shoogly pegs and Smith looking a cert to go.

Still a possibility of Ferdinand and Kellermann as well.

Ah, ok.
I hope there's no limit to how many shite players a club can release in a single transfer window [emoji38] I'd be staggered if Scottish football has ever seen a club do what we're doing in a January window.
both our clubs really cocked things up in the summer. we wont move everyone we want on this window bit so far theres 4/5 out the door with another 5/6 been told they arent wanted. we will bring in at least another 5 before February. crazy numbers from both clubs and is obviously not sustainable.

Just now, ah-dee said:
11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:
Ah, ok.
I hope there's no limit to how many shite players a club can release in a single transfer window emoji38.png I'd be staggered if Scottish football has ever seen a club do what we're doing in a January window.

both our clubs really cocked things up in the summer. we wont move everyone we want on this window bit so far theres 4/5 out the door with another 5/6 been told they arent wanted. we will bring in at least another 5 before February. crazy numbers from both clubs and is obviously not sustainable.

And Hamilton are doing nothing. Do they know something we don't?

1 minute ago, Div said:

I don't think Kellermann will go, won't be able to play for another club.

Dunno Div, SD kind of cleared it up a bit in this thread that if, say, Aldershot are looking at him, it's might not be as cut and dried because it's cross border and non-league.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Dunno Div, SD kind of cleared it up a bit in this thread that if, say, Aldershot are looking at him, it's might not be as cut and dried because it's cross border and non-league.

Non League might have a bearing on it but cross border certainly doesn't.

perhaps. that or they are still waiting on the bank fraud team recovering their money. going to be an interesting window for McIntyre and Kearney. they will likely be competing for the same players so will come down which manager impresses most and talks a good game.

Players we still have (at the moment[emoji38])
GK
Rodgers
Def
Hodson; P.McGinn; Baird; Ferdinand; Kpekwa; Eckersley; MacKenzie.
Midfield
S.McGinn: Magennis; Smith; Erhahon; Tansey; MacPherson; Flynn: Kellerman.
Forwards
Mullen; Cooke; Jackson
Have I missed anyone out?
I still class Breadner and Jamieson as U-20's.
Still a few to clear out yet.
A scary amount of dross still left in that squad.

Eckersley and big G Mac have been write offs, by the time they get up to match speed the season will be over [emoji23].

12 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
21 minutes ago, Div said:

perhaps. that or they are still waiting on the bank fraud team recovering their money. going to be an interesting window for McIntyre and Kearney. they will likely be competing for the same players so will come down which manager impresses most and talks a good game.

Not sure about competing for the same players. I'll certainly give you Tansey but allegedly we have a Czech and Slovakian coming on board as well as an Irishman from Blackburn Rovers but recently from Colraine and played under Kearney. But who knows who else - lots of rumours but these 3 seem to be effectively done and dusted.

33 minutes ago, Div said:

They'll be waiting on their dodgy agent pal finding ten ringers to sign, then theyll release all but one three weeks later.

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

A scary amount of dross still left in that squad.

Eckersley and big G Mac have been write offs, by the time they get up to match speed the season will be over emoji23.png.

Eckersley won't play for us again, still expect him to go this month.

Not sure about competing for the same players. I'll certainly give you Tansey but allegedly we have a Czech and Slovakian coming on board as well as an Irishman from Blackburn Rovers but recently from Colraine and played under Kearney. But who knows who else - lots of rumours but these 3 seem to be effectively done and dusted.
fair enough. they will be an unkown risk for you and hopefully they are all diddies not up to the standard needed. or in other words a repeat of the dross you signed this summer!

18 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

What's the latest on Cammy Smith to United? Any ideas?

Cheers 

He'll go to the highest bidder. 

I think a couple of weeks ago, Kearney would let him go for nothing. Now with it being public, Ross County & Ayr are both in the mix. Whoever signs him will most likely win the Championship - he's that good at that level.