The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

Sorry that’s my fault 🤦‍♂️.

A question though? Would you go with a Yardley-Lavety-Mendes 1st division forward line of 99/00 over what we have today in the top flight? 😂 

Keep that hairdresser on speed dial. 

methinks Basher, Yards, and Junior would be a sight for sore eyes at the moment, ah mean! Yardley's silky skills and stunning...... sorry stuttering pace would be handy right at this minute and Lavety of course would simply run through whoevers in his way, ah mean he would absolutely NOT waste; good pie eating energy, going around them.  Joking aside, they were a good strike team for the buddies.

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Of course I wish the lad well . Having been in India it's not a place I would want to take a family to. But that's a personal opinion on A foreign player can earn average £3,500 a week stay out the UK then it becomes tax free. 

Aye, fair play to him. The mob he's signed for are managed by Simon Grayson.

Not many players seem to stick it out there though. Maybe because they dont take their families? My guess is he'll be back within 18 months and playing for the likes of Falkirk.

He's earned a decent pay day though, sp good luck to him.

29 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Hemming was dropped after this 4-0 defeat away to Dundee United in November

It really doesn’t look like Hemming is hugely at fault for the goals?

First 2 are long balls over the defence that they failed to deal with. First goal into the corner, second is a rebound after Hemming makes a good save.

Third goal is a brilliant free kick into the corner (Carson conceded a free kick into the corner up at Aberdeen didn’t he?)

Fourth goal is direct result of Killie losing possession in their own half and the strike is into the corner

These goals don’t scream keeper’s fault to me?

I’m others will disagree though and pin the blame all on Hemming! 

It doesn't matter to a lot of folk. They've made up their mind already.

Genuinely the first shout I heard at the final whistle on Saturday, (a game where he didn't make any mistakes and had no chance with the goal) in between the boos, was "For fucks sake Robinson, bring back Trevor! " - he'll get the blame from the boo boys regardless. 

2 hours ago, Div said:

Given Robbo has mentioned in the press this morning that the incoming striker is recovering from injury, and given there have been some rumours about Rotherham could the new boy be Josh Kayode?

Republic of Ireland youth, 22 year old, was on loan at MK Dons last season so obviously one they are trying to develop.

Got injured there in Feb and didn't feature again last season.

Ticks the boxes as per the description Robbo has given.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joshua-kayode/profil/spieler/532195

And this would suggest they might well be up for loaning him out again;

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/rotherham-united/view,what-next-for-josh-kayode-and-rotherham-united_45773.htm

did I not read that whoever it was, was a permanent signing, not a loan...................don't ask me where I read it?  its just in my head that I did.

This was Killie’s 3-2 home defeat by Livi the week before the 4-0 defeat to Dundee United

Again, I’m seeing comedy defending for the first and third goals.

Anderson? has so much time and space for the first and fires it into the corner, the second is a penalty, absolute farcical defending for the third ending in an OG

In these 2 games, I’m struggling to see see how the blame gets pinned on Hemming?

Had Carson been playing for Killie last season, would he have stopped any of these goals I’ve posted today?

4 hours ago, SS77 said:

He’s being judged on mistakes that he made in those games - he was at fault for most of the goals he conceded.

And yet, if you went on to the thread on our forum about him (where the personal reasons that he was a bit unsettled last season are clearly explained), most of the people on there would have been happy to have him back - maybe not as first choice, but definitely as an option.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

And yet, if you went on to the thread on our forum about him (where the personal reasons that he was a bit unsettled last season are clearly explained), most of the people on there would have been happy to have him back - maybe not as first choice, but definitely as an option.

I don't think there's many folk here saying he's not an option as part of the squad. But he's clearly a downgrade on Carson as first choice.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

maybe not as first choice, but definitely as an option.

...and there is the problem, on his performances (and injuries) he had with you last season, and considering when fit he couldn't displace a bang average keeper like Walker, then why should we be happy to see him rock up as #1?

I've no problems with Hemming being 2nd choice, absolutely none at all. Is he any better or worse than either Lyness or Urminsky who's been in that role for us before?

As for Main, fair play to the lad, he was looking for a payoff and I imagine that is a decent wage packet. Plus he gets to broaden his horizons and experience a different culture. One, it has to be said, that will fit in very well with his vegetarianism. I've friends who live in Goa (off to the NW of Bengaluru) and as vegetarians they say some of the food is outrageously good.

Tell you what, while India has issues with Modi and his religious autocracy, it's not soul destroying as seeing someone sportswash by taking a huge pay packet from a Saudi club.

Edited by Ric

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I've not felt this much dread going into a season in years there's absolutely nothing to be optimistic about .

Hey Elvis - have you ever heard of the band Dread Zeppelin?

Their first album which I bought around 1990 they performed Led Zeppelin songs reggae style with an Elvis impersonator as lead vocalist. 

Every time you post I can’t help believing you look like this guy!
Even Robert Plant likes what they have done!

Perhaps one day you will get rid of the black dog of despair surrounding the Saints! 

C’mon roll with it this season and start predicting some victories!

42 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I don't think there's many folk here saying he's not an option as part of the squad. But he's clearly a downgrade on Carson as first choice.

That's fine, but some have him as our version of the Utd keeper, who apparently got them relegated. Of course their defenders, including in midfield, were every bit as culpable.

In the livi game above, million pound Nouble shows how bad he is at defending, losing his marker for the 1st goal too.

A team is a team with all its parts, stengths and weaknesses. A good manager builds a team that will play more to its strengths. 

Edited by medals

54 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If we do manage to shed Carson, and really, there's no reason we can if the club are desperate enough at this point to get him off the wage bill, then I'm sure we'll being in a permanent replacement for Carson. 

No point in being worried regarding any position until the window is closed. There should still be a few reinforcements to come you'd imagine.

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Kayode looks a player in these clips.

Appears to play wide most of the time

McMenamin and Kayode on the wings could be good….

If it is him and he comes to the club a permanent signing then all good. He'll get full backing. 

I'm not wearing this as a loan deal though, not even a little.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If it is him and he comes to the club a permanent signing then all good. He'll get full backing. 

I'm not wearing this as a loan deal though, not even a little.

I believe he still has a year to go in his contract. I doubt we cold afford the fee.