The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I’ve never understood why supporters would boo or abuse their own players at games. 

Even when they boo opposition players it often has a counter productive effect - eg more often we get the Hartley improvement rather than the Mendes (Dunfermline) subbed performance. 

Hemmings is gonna be a star player for us this season as long as he doesn’t do this under his goalie gloves 🤞 ⚽🤞 

Let’s get behind the team. Tanser and Strain are going to be our Robertson and Alexander-Arnold wing back sensations. 😝 

23 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Well done all . Over 3500 season tickets sold

Suspect there's not so much support for us to budget for 10th anymore.

Yes, we need to be sensible and responsible, but that ought never to curtail some ambition.

Give the fans a winning team, and watch the support grow. Fair dues to all those fans who stick at it even in the bad times - but let's keep having good times - they rock.

Edited by medals

23 minutes ago, Billy_Gunn said:

No St.Mirren player ever gets booed. That’s a nonsense.

Some players get more grief than others but I don’t think I’ve ever heard our own get booed.

I’ve heard our own players getting abuse and don’t get it, if someone at their work was standing over them constantly giving them stick would it inspire them to improve or make more mistakes?

These experts don’t know what instruction they’ve been given and maybe not comfortable with. 

2 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

I’ve heard our own players getting abuse and don’t get it, if someone at their work was standing over them constantly giving them stick would it inspire them to improve or make more mistakes?

These experts don’t know what instruction they’ve been given and maybe not comfortable with. 

100%.

I've never understood why folk abuse their own players.

If you REALLY need to shout abuse at the football there are 11 men in the opposition team you could vent at.

Especially hate to see young players getting it.

On that note, and I know it wasn't ALL because he was homegrown,  but the abuse McAusland got from day one was absolutely ridiculous. He even won a major trophy with us and he still got dogs abuse every week from a small section of absolute morons!

2 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

No-one is/was safe. I remember big Stark being short with a headed back pass which led to a goal scored v us. The following home game , he received the ball in a similar spot and did the same thing , only this time the headed pass-back was safely collected by Thomson. The home crowd noised him up but big Stark just put his arms up in mock celebration. There's no doubt the players know when the crowd are getting at them !

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Which station ? I'd be stunned if more than Radio Shortbread (at a push) even have a reporter there.

After some googling it looks like its not even on Radio Scotland, The United vs Falkirk game will be on Radio Scotland Extra. Hopefully get updates on there

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Looks like Dec Gallagher is off to Dundee United.

This wouldn't worry me. I've said a lot on here that his drop off in pace since his back injury has been significant and worrying.

If we shed him from the wage bill and replace him with someone with a bit more pace it will be a decent bit of business. Shame as he's very good but lack of pace in top flight kills a good defender and presence of it makes an average defender better than they are.

Edited by djchapsticks

I like Gallagher and felt we were worse when he missed out last year but as mentioned above his legs seem to have completely went from the injuries towards the end of the season and the first few games this season.

Imagine he would be one of the higher earners...