The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, Toby1212 said:

Yeah I am for real, not one member threatened any old men especially not of their own team👍If you happened to have bother that’s on you but I Guarantee it was not a member of northbank or ultras paisley.

^^

FrailSpecificAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Without being funny, you absolutely cannot vouch for every move of every person in your group at any given match, so it's a bit of a bold/silly statement to come on here and say you guarantee it did not happen.

Can vouch for p every single person  who is a genuine member of the group and not just a tagalong, this absolute drivel your on here stating did not happen from any Members, so leave Northbank/ Ultras Paisley away from it👍

2 minutes ago, Frankie2017 said:

Can vouch for p every single person  who is a genuine member of the group and not just a tagalong, this absolute drivel your on here stating did not happen from any Members, so leave Northbank/ Ultras Paisley away from it👍

Wait, I'm stating drivel? I never made any claims whatsoever so i dont know where you're picking up on me talking nonsense. Just saying that it's fanciful for the other lad to come on and simply dismiss what the guy said as lies when there are a lot of folk in and around your group on a matchday.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Wait, I'm stating drivel? I never made any claims whatsoever so i dont know where you're picking up on me talking nonsense. Just saying that it's fanciful for the other lad to come on and simply dismiss what the guy said as lies when there are a lot of folk in and around your group on a matchday.

Perhaps i’ve replied to the wrong person, if so apologies, however as i’ve said i can’t vouch for random fans however can vouch for any genuine members that this didn’t happen.The other guy has said it’s lies because it is. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yes but what I said was I can guarantee that it was not a member, meaning if true about the abuse towards other fans, it was not a member of northbank or ultras paisley and therefore should not be stated as such👍

1 minute ago, Frankie2017 said:

Perhaps i’ve replied to the wrong person, if so apologies, however as i’ve said i can’t vouch for random fans however can vouch for any genuine members that this didn’t happen.The other guy has said it’s lies because it is. 

Which is fair enough. I've said as much a couple of pages back that the boys who have been at this for last 6/7 years do it very well. They've gone from late teens and early 20s to mid to late 20s and there's never been any trouble.

Think there's an issue and misconception amongst some of the much younger folk on the edges of what you do though, that part and parcel of being around an ultras group is acting a wee rocket and this unfortunately is more likely the sort of folk that the poster encountered.

That's an unfortunate byproduct for you guys as youll ultimately be tarred with it as they will be the ones who kick about claiming to be part of Northbank/Ultras Paisley when they aren't.

4 minutes ago, Toby1212 said:

Yes but what I said was I can guarantee that it was not a member, meaning if true about the abuse towards other fans, it was not a member of northbank or ultras paisley and therefore should not be stated as such👍

Yeah apologies, I perhaps should have worded it clearer. You'll no doubt have loads of wee neds kicking about as hangers on claiming to be part of your group despite not being at all. Think this is where issue lies, many older fans probably don't even realise this fact. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah apologies, I perhaps should have worded it clearer. You'll no doubt have loads of wee neds kicking about as hangers on claiming to be part of your group despite not being at all. Think this is where issue lies, many older fans probably don't even realise this fact. 

Spot on bud

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Outside on the street at the away end they were looking for Motherwell fans. Everyone of them were dressed in black and black balaclavas. I had a Saints hoodie on one of them seen the Saints badge on the hoodie. 

We played Hibs yesterday mate

I saw a group of wee fannies getting chased from the away end after the Hearts game ended 2-2. Not sure whether it was stewards, police or Jambos they were running from as whoever it was didn't continue the pursuit.

My concern is two-fold:

i) it may put off families, older folk from attending.

ii) it may result in the club being charged more for policing costs.

If they want to act like casuals, at least they can do it somewhere away from the ground, where families and 'scarfers' cannot get caught up in it. In which case they're welcome to beat one another to a pulp as far as I'm concerned. 

I have seen some of the away ‘ultras’, aged about 12 to 16 probably, desperately looking for some Saints fans to fight with. Hopefully the club are aware of which sets of fans are most likely to cause trouble and provide an appropriate level of proper security to minimise the potential trouble.

Who posed the question ‘what if we had the internet’ back in the day? Jesus, what a frightening thought…. ‘Just back from the game. Feckin’ stewards stopped me and my mates from leaving the ground at half time and nipping up to the Cosmo for chips. Disgraceful.’