The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Don't see Bolton starting a game just yet, won't be anywhere close to being fit enough, so imagine we will probably go with the same 3 in central defence with Bolton and Dunne on the bench.

It will be a different game on Saturday, we might expect to have a bit more possession, so he might tweak things here or there but I can't imagine there will be too many personnel changes tbh.

50 minutes ago, Div said:

It will be a different game on Saturday, we might expect to have a bit more possession, so he might tweak things here or there but I can't imagine there will be too many personnel changes tbh.

Dundee will sit deep, especially if Joe Shags is playing against Olusanya. The Sport Sound guys were raving about the space that Olusanya was creating vs Hibs because the defence were so wary of his pace. The onus will be on us to do something with that space. 

1 hour ago, WHU said:

To be fair to Tanser he dealt well with a better player in Boyle, as did Strain, to extent that hibs were switching wingers 

I'm not saying they didn't, but we still look vulnerable there.

Also, Boyle is clearly not fully match fit, whereas McCowan, who is, caused a lot of problems for Motherwell at the weekend.

Don't know about anyone else but I thought Dundee played very well in the cup game last season taking us to penalties can see a much tougher game this time the boy McCowan could terrorise our defence if we start sitting back which we seem to have a habit of doing for some reason.

What's going on at centre back? Is Bolton going to be the first choice as the central one of the three? I don't really like Gogic at centre back at all if I am honest and don't think he should be the first one we are turning to as cover in that position either. He's a great one for last ditch saving tackles but a lot of that comes from the fact that he is poor positionally in that position IMHO. Much prefer him at CDM, which also lets him maraud forward menacingly which I think he is effective at. We are light at the back, I am afraid to say. It's fine having utility players but they are going to look like fish out of water (and make mistakes) when they are not in their favoured positions, and we will get caught out by it (and nearly did on Sunday, when all our good work was nearly undone).

2 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

did you not get banned from bawa? 😂

Your like a wee shadow following always wanting to put a wee dig in along the way. Grow up and act your age . Try taking up a wee hobby rather than being a wee meaningless annoying c**t. 

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What's going on at centre back? Is Bolton going to be the first choice as the central one of the three? I don't really like Gogic at centre back at all if I am honest and don't think he should be the first one we are turning to as cover in that position either. He's a great one for last ditch saving tackles but a lot of that comes from the fact that he is poor positionally in that position IMHO. Much prefer him at CDM, which also lets him maraud forward menacingly which I think he is effective at. We are light at the back, I am afraid to say. It's fine having utility players but they are going to look like fish out of water (and make mistakes) when they are not in their favoured positions, and we will get caught out by it (and nearly did on Sunday, when all our good work was nearly undone).

Think a fit Bolton is definitely in the centre of the back three.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Here's a very un-St. Mirrenlike stat.

So far this season we've scored 12 goals and 9 of them have been scored by our strikers. 😀

Maybe this Robinson guy knows what he’s doing 

50 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Your like a wee shadow following always wanting to put a wee dig in along the way. Grow up and act your age . Try taking up a wee hobby rather than being a wee meaningless annoying c**t. 

but you did get banned 😂

Yeah Bolton will be the starter in the middle of that three once he's fully fit. Chicken and Egg though, you only get match fit by playing games!

Dunne is going to need to be patient now as he won't get back in ahead of Taylor if he keeps playing like he did Sunday.

Guess that's what the squad is for though. Players know if their form dips there is a guy sitting waiting to take the shirt.

Only exception at the moment is at LWB but we will fix that. Tanser incidentally is on very good form, been excellent last few games.

11 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

but you did get banned 😂

WTF do you need to do to get yourself banned from B&WA ? Kill someone ?

If annoying pr*cks like Shull and Faraway can still post there without a sine die ban, how bad was the offence ?

4 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Toyosi does deserve a start. Any idea how serious Mandron's injury is? Was it just a knock? Is he likely to be fit for Saturday?

Twinged his hamstring, so it was best not to risk him.

Don't know whether he'll be risked but no doubt physio will be working on him all week

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Don't know about anyone else but I thought Dundee played very well in the cup game last season taking us to penalties can see a much tougher game this time the boy McCowan could terrorise our defence if we start sitting back which we seem to have a habit of doing for some reason.

Luke McCowan will be "terrorising" no one ffs.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Luke McCowan will be "terrorising" no one ffs.

Their lad Cameron I think is destined for better than Dungdee...

They will work hard, but it is up to us. Get right in about them.

We haven't previously been great when teams sit in, but our home record has been excellent.  A win and we may well be 2nd in the league. Possibly 1st.

3 minutes ago, medals said:

Their lad Cameron I think is destined for better than Dungdee...

They will work hard, but it is up to us. Get right in about them.

We haven't previously been great when teams sit in, but our home record has been excellent.  A win and we may well be 2nd in the league. Possibly 1st.

Is that the wee lad that came on as a sub in the cup game, if so I agree. Much better prospect than guys like McCowan whose been kicking about for a while now. Let Dundee worry about coming to us.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Is that the wee lad that came on as a sub in the cup game, if so I agree. Much better prospect than guys like McCowan whose been kicking about for a while now. Let Dundee worry about coming to us.

Yes and he got their goal at the weekend. He is clever and creative too.