The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Boyd-Munce and Richard Taylor are a pair of proper finds.

Boyd-Munce having been involved in the N Ireland set up I can see how he's ended up with us, but Taylor had been at a couple of non league English sides before ending up in the Irish second tier. Someone must've really done their homework on him. I honestly expected him to be shite when he signed.

It's a testament to whoever scouted him and the coaching staff that he's now become a mainstay in the team.

Edit: and to himself of course.

Edited by houston_bud

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

We’re on the brink of the greatest ever St Mirren side

I don’t even think the transfer window will change anything

I think us buds have a night out in Europe next year 

Early days but we can all dream

We're really on the verge of something really quite special.

Before the season began.....

Richard Taylor, CBM and Zach Hemming were all supposed to be bit part players and/or downgrades on what we had.

Tanser was the weak point in the the team and Toyosi was a joke....

Yet those five were all absolutely outstanding today, in our sixth consecutive win.

WHAT A CLUB.

Another fantastic performance from the lads. Looking forward to the quarter final draw tomorrow and the game next week. We won’t win every week, but the opposition will certainly know they have been in a game. These guys know how to win football matches. I know there are various reasons why folk haven’t seen able to see the team as often as they’d like but, believe me, they are well worth the entrance fee. 

15 minutes ago, Div said:

We're really on the verge of something really quite special.

Before the season began.....

Richard Taylor, CBM and Zach Hemming were all supposed to be bit part players and/or downgrades on what we had.

Tanser was the weak point in the the team and Toyosi was a joke....

Yet those five were all absolutely outstanding today, in our sixth consecutive win.

WHAT A CLUB.

Robinson and O'Carroll don't get it right all the time, but overall they're playing a blinder.

They just seem to be able to develop players that have been through rough patches in their careers or ones that want to step to the next level.

Edited by FTOF

I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t believe how good a job Martin Foyle and the management team have done with scouting our current crop of players.

Strain Baccus Taylor Boyd Munce McMenamin Olusanya to name a few, it’s been a pleasure to see them all flourish under the management and coaching team.

Long may it continue.

Not a bad player on the pitch today, IMHO. There were a couple of Well fans behind me in the main stand and they called us solid, difficult to play against and a really good side.

I didn't argue, I'll be honest