The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

There have been plenty of challenges in the history of football where a player has suffered a serious injury in a nothing challenge. Why are Motherwell fans going on like this is the first time this has ever occurred in human history?

They seem to be very precious over what was, at best, a free kick.

The Well fans' reactions to this are even funnier that their manager's reaction.

It's a shame that the boy appears to have picked up a serious injury. Hopefully it's not as serious as is being suggested.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is that a blue suede cruise ?

He has to "Follow that dream" and its better than some "Hearbreak hotel" - "Its now or never".

While he's away we'll get "A little less conversation" from him though.

Just think on the "Memories" he'll have. 🎤

The Motherwell fans are showing quite the level of capricious indignation on their thread.. :lol: 

I understand why they'd be pissed at not getting the free kick, which I think most of us would have accepted Collum giving to them, but they are working the victim mentality well.

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

The Motherwell fans are showing quite the level of capricious indignation on their thread.. :lol: 

I understand why they'd be pissed at not getting the free kick, which I think most of us would have accepted Collum giving to them, but they are working the victim mentality well.

Apparently they are going to come and post all over our threads next time we lose. f**k knows how we will deal with that, never seen before, scenario.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Jason Naismith has joined Burgh. I take someone with deep pockets is behind the Burgh ? 

Pity. He's still a decent option at our level. Maybe Burgh have a Sugar Daddy with deep pockets but I would have thought that Jason could still be a decent backup signing for us, someone we could easily have afforded to tempt back to rejoin us rather than dropping down to non league level. 

The last time I saw Naismith (playing for Cove) he looked unbelievably slow. The money at Johnstone Burgh is obviously decent so he'll have knocked back clubs at a higher level of the pyramid but I doubt he'd have even got a Championship club these days. 

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Pity. He's still a decent option at our level. Maybe Burgh have a Sugar Daddy with deep pockets but I would have thought that Jason could still be a decent backup signing for us, someone we could easily have afforded to tempt back to rejoin us rather than dropping down to non league level. 

Not sure what’s happened, but his career has dropped off the last couple of years. Don’t think he was getting much of a look in at Cove, although could be wrong.

25 minutes ago, GAD said:

Apparently they are going to come and post all over our threads next time we lose. f**k knows how we will deal with that, never seen before, scenario.

18 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Well Daft - aptly named 😂 

Now you are just making things up.  I did say I would be quite happy when your team comes a cropper.  But will not gloat on your thread.  As tempting as that may be..

We are angry because we have just lost our great white hope.  We have next to no money and a threadbare squad as it is. 

The funny thing is that had one of our defenders done the same to Ryan Strain you guys would react NO differently. 100% certain of that. And instead of defending our player I would have had every bit of sympathy with St Mirren.  But I guess that is where we differ. 

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He's been released by Ross County, Kilmarnock, Queens Park, and Cove in the space of 2 or 3 years. It's a real shame, as he was an excellent player at us, then his first spell at County. Did well for Hibs too. 

He's nowhere near the level to play for us at the moment. Injuries have really taken their toll. Hopefully he's earning good coin at Johnstone Burgh.