The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Of all the ex-players to end up with yous over the last few seasons I think Scott was probably the third best for us after Watt and Gallagher. I assume Robinson is planning on sticking with the 433 long term though as I don't see him fitting into a 352 particularly. 

He did say pre-season that he wants to go 343 with wing backs but didn't have the personnel to do so and his recruitment last summer and in this window certainly seemed to rectify that.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He did say pre-season that he wants to go 343 with wing backs but didn't have the personnel to do so and his recruitment last summer and in this window certainly seemed to rectify that.

That sounds a bit mental imo but aye anything that allows Scott to play as a wide forward with the freedom to drift in would probably suit him personally. 

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That sounds a bit mental imo but aye anything that allows Scott to play as a wide forward with the freedom to drift in would probably suit him personally. 

I mean we technically do play a 343 (probably closer to a 523 if you can call that a thing) just now with 3 centre halves, two wing backs, a pair of central mids and then two wide forward players and a centre forward .

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

McMenamin possibly looking at 6 weeks out with a knee injury that he's been carrying.

Maybe a wee chance for LJ to come in and have a run in the team if he can play anywhere across the front three.:P

28 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Not great. Hopefully Scott cam come in and hit the ground running.

SR saying he not fully fit yet

26 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Maybe a wee chance for LJ to come in and have a run in the team if he can play anywhere across the front three.:P

Him or the elusive Stav.

10 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

Mandron not Ayunga v Aberdeen

Yeah, you are right. My post was more my own surprise that we've played 3 up front as much as we have this season.

"and the 25-year-old is expected to go straight into Stephen Robinson’s first-team for their weekend clash with Rangers"

🤔

Edit: Isn't Erhahon at Lincoln, I guess the lad Brown will have spoken to him about us before he agreed to join.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, Ric said:

"and the 25-year-old is expected to go straight into Stephen Robinson’s first-team for their weekend clash with Rangers"

🤔

Edit: Isn't Erhahon at Lincoln, I guess the lad Brown will have spoken to him about us before he agreed to join.

Ahead of Tanser? I doubt it. Unless Tanser is injured/suspended.

We’ve become that loan team again haven’t we? After a welcome period of having almost exclusively our own players, how many loanees is that we have now?

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

We’ve become that loan team again haven’t we? After a welcome period of having almost exclusively our own players, how many loanees is that we have now?

Actually, hold up, perhaps I'm reading it wrong, it's saying first team rather than starting line up. I, like you, immediately thought that Tanser must be injured/suspended.

Assumed the cover/competition would be a youngster or someone out of contract we were bringing in on pennies. Given Tanser's form surprised it's someone in their mid 20s already at a club - although he hasn't been getting a game and doesn't appear to have played that many games for someone of that age.

This is not me writing off someone I hadn't heard of until 10 minutes ago!

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

5 - one of whom will become permanent in the summer so I'd say doesn't really count.

It's hardly becoming 'that loan team' when of loanees, only Zach Hemming has been a regular this season. Stav was a loan to buy and Small couldn't break in.

The average SPFL Premiership team is carrying 4 loanees, there's plenty of teams with 5 and Dundee have 8. And that's not including all the loans that have been cancelled in January.

Edited by djchapsticks

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

5 - one of whom will become permanent in the summer so I'd say doesn't really count.

It's hardly becoming 'that loan team' when of loanees, only Zach Hemming has been a regular this season. Stav was a loan to buy and Small couldn't break in.

The average SPFL Premiership team is carrying 4 loanees, there's plenty of teams with 5 and Dundee have 8. And that's not including all the loans that have been cancelled in January.

Yes, but am I right in saying that last season we only had one (Small)?