The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

No, not going to take the pish. It was you who said your away support was better than Livy or County. I just wanted to see if the evidence backed up that claim. 
I would wish you well today, but…….

To be fair I would say the Fermers away support last couple of seasons is much improved. It will be more than Livi and RC would bring combined(well more I'd guess). As always never slag those that are making the effort, the shite away support song has always irked me in that respect. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

To be fair I would say the Fermers away support last couple of seasons is much improved. It will be more than Livi and RC would bring combined(well more I'd guess). As always never slag those that are making the effort, the shite away support song has always irked me in that respect. 

Aye it’s a weird one. I reality you’re slagging off the ones that aren’t there, but it’s the poor fuckers who have bothered to turn up that have to listen to it. 🤔

On 19/02/2024 at 12:53, houston_bud said:

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm not pointing any fingers.

There's a domino effect to this sort of thing, as soon as one or two clubs have some folk wanting to be seen as hard men, then it will follow at other clubs too.

It’s better for the local community if clubs can try to nip this in the bud.

You can bet that these wee crews of 14-18 year olds (I’m guessing) don’t only hang about at the football and if they get away with what they want at the games on a Saturday/Wednesday etc they are probably causing hassle in and around Paisley on other days.

Kilmarnock don’t seem to have too much issues with fans at games currently but the town in general is pretty bad for youngsters causing bother - we’ve had stabbings, arson etc from kids about these ages over the last couple of years.

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Kilmarnock don’t seem to have too much issues with fans at games currently but the town in general is pretty bad for youngsters causing bother - we’ve had stabbings, arson etc from kids about these ages over the last couple of years.

Is the bus station still a DMZ?

Growing up in the Valley in the 80’s, it always had an edge to it but it’s got mental like a lot of towns now.

6 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Is the bus station still a DMZ?

Growing up in the Valley in the 80’s, it always had an edge to it but it’s got mental like a lot of towns now.

They do seem to have slightly sorted out the bus station but it took a 14/15/16 year old (can’t remember) getting nearly stabbed to death to get anything done.

It’s ok for people my age (late 30s) but for younger people/older people I don’t think the town is great at all.

6 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

An away support of 277, only about 12 of whom were adults, is pretty poor. 

Anyone know what the deal is with the pitch? SR mentioned post-match that the pitch in Dingwall will be more conducive to playing football. Ours doesn't seem to have made it through the winter as well than in previous seasons.

Very comfy win today. Haven't watched it back yet but seemed at the time like quite an unusual cross which Tanser fired in for the 2nd goal. Caused chaos in their defence. He's having a great season: likely POTY.

4 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Anyone know what the deal is with the pitch? SR mentioned post-match that the pitch in Dingwall will be more conducive to playing football. Ours doesn't seem to have made it through the winter as well than in previous seasons.

Very comfy win today. Haven't watched it back yet but seemed at the time like quite an unusual cross which Tanser fired in for the 2nd goal. Caused chaos in their defence. He's having a great season: likely POTY.

Tanser’s was a shot for the 2nd fortunately deflected off a St Johnstone player as it was going approx 6 miles wide. 

52 minutes ago, Hendo said:

An away support of 277, only about 12 of whom were adults, is pretty poor. 

36 minutes ago, medals said:

Can you blame them. The Fakes are woeful right now.

This. We've scored 4 away goals all season, had lost our last 3 games scoring just once, and spend 90% of our time with players trying to figure out where theyre meant to play. Its been like that for 3 years.

At some point fans will just stop paying money for something that doesnt even pretend to be entertaining.

The best thing that could happen for us, support wise, is probably relegation, as it might actually lead to us scoring more than once in a game again.

38 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Just watched highlights from Dingwall, pitch is awful……

Couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Trevor Carson as the Sportscene pundits chuckled at his latest error. He's fast becoming a bit of a comedy act in the league, making mistakes we just didn't see in a St Mirren jersey. Might actually cost Dundee a top 6 slot.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Trevor Carson as the Sportscene pundits chuckled at his latest error. He's fast becoming a bit of a comedy act in the league, making mistakes we just didn't see in a St Mirren jersey. Might actually cost Dundee a top 6 slot.

Lack of concentration as he's too busy listening to radio commentary of his big team on an ear pod no doubt.

Probably celebrating a goal when he halfed the Hibs player.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

That's 18 games in a row where one team has failed to score.

The last game we were involved in where both teams scored was the 2-2 at home v Hibs in November. 

There can't be many games, if any, this season where we've failed to gain at least point, when we've scored first.

Good to see Mandron proving the doubters wrong again.

Had a wee chuckle at one of the warmers on another team's thread ridiculing Mandron a few weeks ago.

Ever since then he's been excellent.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There can't be many games, if any, this season where we've failed to gain at least point, when we've scored first.

Went in the lead 14 times, only conceded an equaliser 3 times. Only Hearts and Rangers been better at defending a lead.

Screenshot_20240225_094954_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a3c9c6ac0ba00b97f1805f5b1948a7ec.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.