The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, Road Dogg said:

Ayunga's recently signed a new deal and Mandron is our top scorer with double figures but aye, they'll go out on loan. 👍

Not double figures in only league games. 

I just think neither of them are good enough for the top league, which is an opinion i am entitled t have. 

2 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

I just think neither of them are good enough for the top league, which is an opinion i am entitled t have. 

I actually agree. Both are ok but we need better than that. I also don't rate Jamieson either. 

12 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Mandron's scored (7) approx. 1 in 4 league matches he's played in (not all for 90 mins) and (3) = 1 in 2 League Cup games.

Currently our top scorer too.

He's also posted 3 assists.

I'm not suggesting he's a superstar but given he's our top scorer there are 3 or 4 others it would be better to loan out before him surely?

No problem with you having an opinion though.

Edited by medals

On 26/03/2024 at 08:00, Gordong said:

There can't be too many of us left who remember Tony Connell at full back! Played with Cammy Murray as the other full back - another good player.

yes Cammy was a cousin to one of my pals, he really was a steady eddie, wee Kenny Aird and Jim Blair who also had talent.........ah when ah were a lad, he he

23 hours ago, AW saint said:

Is it guarenteed he is leaving? 

On 08/04/2024 at 20:58, Norrie82 said:

Gogic would be a massive loss I’d rather he stayed than anyone else 

Perhaps unpopular opinion here but i would not be pushing the boat out for Gogic.

He's consistent enough on the whole but he has had far too many enormous and costly brain farts and so many more that he's gotten away with. I'd rather we kept him but I wouldn't be pushing our budget to any extremes to do so.

5 hours ago, saintmurn said:

I'm not a big fan of him but Liam Kelly is out of contract at the end of the season and we'll be looking for Hemmings replacement, assuming he heads back to Middlesbrough.

Nope, not for me. 

If we insist of blowing an eye-watering wage on a keeper then I'd rather we tried to throw it at someone Luke Southwood  or Benjamin Siegrest.

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nope, not for me. 

If we insist of blowing an eye-watering wage on a keeper then I'd rather we tried to throw it at someone Luke Southwood  or Benjamin Siegrest.

I'd be wary of giving a high wage to a guy that hasn't kicked a ball in two years.

I wonder if Robinson and Langfield feel that Urminsky is ready to stake a claim for the number 1 spot. Surely he doesn't want to be a number 2 all his days.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Perhaps unpopular opinion here but i would not be pushing the boat out for Gogic.

He's consistent enough on the whole but he has had far too many enormous and costly brain farts and so many more that he's gotten away with. I'd rather we kept him but I wouldn't be pushing our budget to any extremes to do so.

It feels like his performance of late has dropped, the man was a rock earlier. Maybe the contract situation, maybe he is carrying a niggle or maybe something else but he does seem to be more prone to an error right now. 

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

It feels like his performance of late has dropped, the man was a rock earlier. Maybe the contract situation, maybe he is carrying a niggle or maybe something else but he does seem to be more prone to an error right now. 

Maybe, but that can be said about the majority of his team mates too.

Given the level he's performed at this season, I can forgive the odd poor performance and any subsequent errors.

He was great on Saturday. Particularly when we were chasing the game at 2 - 1. He was the only player going forward from defence with any real urgency and meaningfulness.

However, we should pay him what he's worth to us and no more.

P.S. It's Martin Foyle.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I can only think of 2 real bad errors. 

Against Hibs at home and Ross C away.

They will be more, but considering the amount of games he have played it won't be many. 

I would actually have him as our player of the year. 

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He's apparently our highest earner. I can't see us going all out to pay him more than what he's currently on. Gogic himself may only be willing to stay if we make europe also.

Imo he would be offered a lesser contract just like Main was on reduced terms.

4 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

He's apparently our highest earner. I can't see us going all out to pay him more than what he's currently on. Gogic himself may only be willing to stay if we make europe also.

Really ?   So you think we would offer him a reduced deal as a reward for being one of our most consistent performers and being an integral part of the team that has just achieved back to back top 6 finishes ??   😳

Glad you’re not in charge of my annual performance bonus review team ! 

13 minutes ago, callum-g said:

Really ?   So you think we would offer him a reduced deal as a reward for being one of our most consistent performers and being an integral part of the team that has just achieved back to back top 6 finishes ??   😳

Glad you’re not in charge of my annual performance bonus review team ! 

I'm just going  on the basis that Main was offered less when a new deal was on the table as it was outside the wage structure. The club are looking at reducing the wage cap. They pushed the boat out for Gogic. I'm not saying  he's not  worth his wage, i'm just going by what has happened previously and from what ive heard.

We're certainly going to have to be canny with respect to player wages, as we're going to have to shell out for pitch improvement work at both The SMISA stadium and the Ralston training ground.

Edited by FTOF

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We're certainly going to have to be canny with respect to player wages, as we're going to have to shell out for pitch improvement work at both The SMISA stadium and the Ralston training ground.

The extra money for getting into the top 6 will certainly help with the pitch cost. 

44 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just get the Dundee parent ownership football group department of overseeing soccer related operations and football core business stadium development plans company to pay for it.

I think that’s it. Nothing to see, etc. Seems to be the way. Gie’s some expensive signings, get it sorted Cheesy, etc, etc.

3 hours ago, smellthepaw said:

The manager has built the team around Gogic let’s not start putting the guy down. Yes he’s had a couple of bad games but he’s been brilliant for us and without him I’d say we’d have lost a lot more - aggressive and fast he’s a success for sure